+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Judges Save Option

Re: Judges Save Option

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3382187;
    The save Lil Rounds option will be around until they need to .....well...save Lil Rounds.
    I love calling it the "Lil Rounds Option." Kudos to whomever thought that up. Hope it spreads on the Internet to let the AI producers know that we know what they are up to.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3382206;
    I think it's pointless and a waste of time. If the person didn't get the votes that week? What could possibly make them think they would get the votes the next week? They are just delaying the inevitable. Are they going to refund the money some people paid for voting?

Also, the only ones I have ever thought were sent home wrongly were in the top 4 and up position (Daughtry, Doolittle, Gray... the rest I was fine with them going when they did). Not sure what stopping at top 5 does.
    I disagree that it will make no difference. There have been some instances where a person's low vote count was due to either a single poor performance on a night that others were great, or complacency of voters figuring one person is safe, so they'll bolster up another.

The week Tamyra Gray went home (which has alreayd been pointed out would not apply under this new rule) she did have a bad night. Adding to her problem, Nikki McKibbin had one of her best nights. So Tamyra lost votes she'd get in any other week because she didn't do well and someone else did. In a case like that --if it happened in a week the judge's overrule was in play -- if she sang well the following week, she'd be back out of danger.

There are those who pick a favorite and vote for that person each week no matter what. But there are also those who vote week to week based on the person they thought was the best that night.

FORT Fogey

So basically, the bulk of the people that Ryan mentioned as causing the uproar in America would not have been inpacted by the Judges Save. The only thing I saw in that conversation was another way to zap Taylor Hicks AGAIN by saying Chris may have won....but as was said, he would not have been helped by this rule since he went after this current Save expires

But for some reason ( and maybe it is because Nigel is gone so the judges have more free reign) this year they want to make sure that none of the pimped people are dismissed too early...sp thery develped thisd new rule. At least develope it prior to the start of the season. It looks so badly managed when the rules are changed during the season.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3382206;
    I think it's pointless and a waste of time. If the person didn't get the votes that week? What could possibly make them think they would get the votes the next week? They are just delaying the inevitable. Are they going to refund the money some people paid for voting?

Also, the only ones I have ever thought were sent home wrongly were in the top 4 and up position (Daughtry, Doolittle, Gray... the rest I was fine with them going when they did). Not sure what stopping at top 5 does.
    The feeling that I've seen expressed (in this forum and others) is that fans sometimes get complacent thinking their favorite is safe and slack off on the voting. Or they split votes trying to save other contestants. If that were in fact the case, this would give those fans a wake-up call and the opportunity to rectify the situation. If they don't vote again the next week, chances are that person would go home anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3382189;
    Given the opportunity, here is my list of the only time a save would be considered by the judges.

If they had the option in S3&4, I doubt they would have ever used it, as the chosen one, was the season winner.

Season 6: Melinda Doolittle eliminated F3
    Gina Glocksen eliminated F9

Gina Glockson???

That's hysterical.

No, they would have kept it in their pocket in the event that Melinda or Lakisha, or maybe emerging prodigy Jordin Sparks, ran into any trouble.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3382084;
    I think to save someone it would be used on Lil, Adam or Danny. I can't see them saving anyone else unless someone gets hot.

Totally agree. Would be VERY surprised if it was used on another other than one of those three.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I disagree that it will make no difference. There have been some instances where a person's low vote count was due to either a single poor performance on a night that others were great, or complacency of voters figuring one person is safe, so they'll bolster up another.
    Actually, this is a good point, because the night that Jennifer Hudson ended up at the bottom, Chicago (her hometown) had a storm & the phone lines were knocked out in most of the area.

Again, though. I don't believe the Judges Choice would've saved her because Simon didn't care for Jennifer then. (Too big, too theatrical)

FORT Fogey

So out of everything Ryan said, maybe the Johns guy from last season was the only one who may have been saved if this had ever been in place during the previous 7 seasons.

Duh....do we need it...or is this just something special for this year when the judged are determined to have their own selection win

Considering how poor some of the people that the judges put through to the last 36 were this season, I don't relish the prospect of them having any further direct say.

I'm assuming they'll declare a bottom two and the judges will decide to save one of them, meaning the person who leaves might not have been the lowest vote getter.

Although I do appreciate that some people have left during weeks where their fans might not have been able to get through, such as Jennifer Hudson in the example posted in this thread, I still, in theory, don't like the idea of someone who was not the lowest vote getter being booted, assuming that's how it could play out.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-14-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3382785;
    Considering how poor some of the people that the judges put through to the last 36 were this season, I don't relish the prospect of them having any further direct say.

I'm assuming they'll declare a bottom two and the judges will decide to save one of them, meaning the person who leaves might not have been the lowest vote getter.

Although I do appreciate that some people have left during weeks where their fans might not have been able to get through, such as Jennifer Hudson in the example posted in this thread, I still, in theory, don't like the idea of someone who was not the lowest vote getter being booted, assuming that's how it could play out.
    From the way they explained it on Wednesday, I don't htink that is how it will play out. As I understood it, the week the judges decide to use it, no one will go home. The following week, two people will go home. So it will always be the lowest vote getters who do go home.

+ Reply to Thread