+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 130

Thread: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

  1. #81
    Walking on Air astrotronix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    Looks like Scott has run out of places to hide. He should be the next one to go, its just right around the corner. Oh and I'm still waiting for that performance he said he'd do without the piano ( I know it may be hard for him since he's blind and probably has depended on it throughout his life.) I hope he's not using it as leeway for America to keep voting for him to see when he's gonna do it because its not going to work
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,018

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3403077;
    Looks like Scott has run out of places to hide. He should be the next one to go, its just right around the corner. Oh and I'm still waiting for that performance he said he'd do without the piano ( I know it may be hard for him since he's blind and probably has depended on it throughout his life.) I hope he's not using it as leeway for America to keep voting for him to see when he's gonna do it because its not going to work
    I don't know. He and Anoop seem to run neck-and-neck.

  3. #83
    HELL-O DR OLIVER! stacerace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bethany, Oklahoma
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3403077;
    Looks like Scott has run out of places to hide. He should be the next one to go, its just right around the corner. Oh and I'm still waiting for that performance he said he'd do without the piano ( I know it may be hard for him since he's blind and probably has depended on it throughout his life.) I hope he's not using it as leeway for America to keep voting for him to see when he's gonna do it because its not going to work
    I don't seem to hear anyone tell Billy Joel or Elton John or Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles (when he was alive) that they are hiding being the piano...He's a piano man and he should stick with the piano if he wants to.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

    "We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

    "Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

  4. #84
    Walking on Air astrotronix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3403156;
    I don't seem to hear anyone tell Billy Joel or Elton John or Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles (when he was alive) that they are hiding being the piano...He's a piano man and he should stick with the piano if he wants to.
    They're legends though, Scott is not. I just want to see him try it once. It might even help him out a bit, who knows?
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

  5. #85
    FORT Fanatic nemo78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    554

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    His problem is not the piano. His problem is that he's making wrong song choices and not singing them well enough. If his singing were better, no one wouldn't even notice the piano.

  6. #86
    FORT Fogey Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,017

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3403119;
    I don't know. He and Anoop seem to run neck-and-neck.
    In losing?

    The simple truth is, that "blind guy behind the piano" doesn't equal genius.
    Either the judges, or Idol production's imagination went overboard when they spotted him.

    Scott can only be outstanding if he is a talented song writer.
    As a performer he is just mediocre.

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,406

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3403166;
    They're legends though, Scott is not. I just want to see him try it once. It might even help him out a bit, who knows?
    They weren't legends when they were just starting out.

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3403166;
    They're legends though, Scott is not. I just want to see him try it once. It might even help him out a bit, who knows?
    Did you see Hollywood week? He couldn't use the piano until the end of the week. It was very awkward. He only made it through those initial sessions because the judges kept reminding themselves how much better he was behind the piano.

  9. #89
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    I think the best part of his performances IS the piano playing, so it would be the kiss of death for him to give it up.

  10. #90
    FORT Fan I<3JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    269

    Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3403292;
    I think the best part of his performances IS the piano playing, so it would be the kiss of death for him to give it up.
    I completely agree with you. Yes he is no Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder but people let him play the piano. He is awkward enough just standing there listening to the judges with his goofy gestures. And could you imagine poor Scott dancing around just to trip and fall? He would for sure get the sympathy vote after that disaster.

    Scott is not going to win but at least he knows what his strength is and thats playing the piano. JMHO.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.