+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

Looks like Scott has run out of places to hide. He should be the next one to go, its just right around the corner. Oh and I'm still waiting for that performance he said he'd do without the piano ( I know it may be hard for him since he's blind and probably has depended on it throughout his life.) I hope he's not using it as leeway for America to keep voting for him to see when he's gonna do it because its not going to work
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3403077;
    Looks like Scott has run out of places to hide. He should be the next one to go, its just right around the corner. Oh and I'm still waiting for that performance he said he'd do without the piano ( I know it may be hard for him since he's blind and probably has depended on it throughout his life.) I hope he's not using it as leeway for America to keep voting for him to see when he's gonna do it because its not going to work
    I don't know. He and Anoop seem to run neck-and-neck.

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3403077;
    I don't seem to hear anyone tell Billy Joel or Elton John or Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles (when he was alive) that they are hiding being the piano...He's a piano man and he should stick with the piano if he wants to.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3403156;
    I don't seem to hear anyone tell Billy Joel or Elton John or Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles (when he was alive) that they are hiding being the piano...He's a piano man and he should stick with the piano if he wants to.
    They're legends though, Scott is not. I just want to see him try it once. It might even help him out a bit, who knows?
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

His problem is not the piano. His problem is that he's making wrong song choices and not singing them well enough. If his singing were better, no one wouldn't even notice the piano.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3403119;
    I don't know. He and Anoop seem to run neck-and-neck.
    In losing?

The simple truth is, that "blind guy behind the piano" doesn't equal genius.
    Either the judges, or Idol production's imagination went overboard when they spotted him.

Scott can only be outstanding if he is a talented song writer.
    As a performer he is just mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3403166;
    They're legends though, Scott is not. I just want to see him try it once. It might even help him out a bit, who knows?
    They weren't legends when they were just starting out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3403166;
    Did you see Hollywood week? He couldn't use the piano until the end of the week. It was very awkward. He only made it through those initial sessions because the judges kept reminding themselves how much better he was behind the piano.

I think the best part of his performances IS the piano playing, so it would be the kiss of death for him to give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3403292;
    I think the best part of his performances IS the piano playing, so it would be the kiss of death for him to give it up.
    I completely agree with you. Yes he is no Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder but people let him play the piano. He is awkward enough just standing there listening to the judges with his goofy gestures. And could you imagine poor Scott dancing around just to trip and fall? He would for sure get the sympathy vote after that disaster.

Scott is not going to win but at least he knows what his strength is and thats playing the piano. JMHO.

+ Reply to Thread