+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

I like Scott....think he's got a great sense of humor, nice personality, is a talented singer and great pianist. He's a solid performer, but doesn't really excite me. I don't mean any of this in a harsh way at all, because I do enjoy his performances, but I think there are better performers out there. I think being on AI will really help with his career in music, especially being in the Top 10.

He kind of reminds me of Richard Carpenter (The Carpenter's - Karen's brother - the 70's). Boy, that ages me but I was a pre-teen when they were big....anyway, this is a total compliment for Scott because Richard Carpenter was a good singer and fantastic musician/arranger. Maybe that will be Scott's path?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I like Scott, and think that he is amazing at the piano, but I don't think his voice is good enough. I feel bad because he is blind, and seems really sweet, but I am really bored when he sings. I wish he'd go, but not get his feelings hurt on the way out!

His look and style of music reminds me of Air Supply, except the guy from Air Supply actually has a good voice. I've yet to hear a decent vocal from Scott. At least his hair has been cut back some, a few weeks ago his huge afro was bigger than Robert Reed's in the Brady Bunch! lol

Scott is certainly talented, but, as Simon said (and someone else here echoed), he is just forgettable to me. I understand him being comfortable behind the piano and all, but I agree that he needs to take more risks. He said last night that he would be taking more risks but still stay behind the piano, so I'm intrigued to see just what kind of "risks" he was talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3394185;
    Scott is certainly talented, but, as Simon said (and someone else here echoed), he is just forgettable to me. I understand him being comfortable behind the piano and all, but I agree that he needs to take more risks. He said last night that he would be taking more risks but still stay behind the piano, so I'm intrigued to see just what kind of "risks" he was talking about...
    If he wants to stick to the keyboard & still become a bit more edgy, he should get himself one of those mini Moog Synthesizers that Keith Emerson used to play. He would hold it between his legs & as he played the notes fire balls would shoot out into the audience. Scott, could light up Paula's life.

As many have said or implied, I like the guy, but it's time for him to go -- and if not tonight, within the next few weeks. He's just not on the same level as some of the others from a vocal standpoint. Wishing him all the best, though...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3393549;
    Too bad this isn't supposed to be some infomercial or charity drive though, which is what this year's competition is becoming.

Scott is really dull and what's worse is that he comes off like he expects people to empathize with and vote for him.
    I agree that this shouldn't be a charity drive, but at least he can sing. Yes, he is kind of boring, but again he does sing and play piano. Based on his performance, I'd rather see him safe than Megan. Even the cat leaves the room when she comes on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

He seems to be a very nice guy, but I think he's just an average singer. He sounds very flat and keeps picking up dull, boring songs. I hate to say this but I think he's still on the competition only because he's blind.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;3394835;
    He seems to be a very nice guy, but I think he's just an average singer. He sounds very flat and keeps picking up dull, boring songs. I hate to say this but I think he's still on the competition only because he's blind.

Totally agree with you. He is a very mediocre singer and would propably never have made it on the show in the first place if it weren't for the blindness card. I'm sure he's a great person and he's definitely had a huge obstacle to overcome. Props to him for that, but he really need to go STAT.

If he survives next week something is wrong with this competition, he shouldn’t have even made it to the Top 10 IMO!!

+ Reply to Thread