+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

I think Scott has more of a Ronnie Milsap look going on, and he pulled off shades! I think Scott could too if they were the right ones. But then I think maybe they don't put him in any because it would draw even more attention to his being blind. In my own opinion think that the addition of some Ray-Bans would make him look more current.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I just cannot get into this guy. He has a good voice, but he is just not one of my favorites. I find myself wanting his performances to be OVER
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fan

I hate to say it , but when I close my eyes and listen to Scott I don't really like the sound of his voice. His song choices are not good...and he is forgettable. I think he has some career ahead in music, piano playing , maybe even song writing tho we have yet to see that? I just don't think his voice is that great. He might have a "quirky" one hit wonder career ...or he could be an opening act or something...(maybe for Clay Aiken? seems his fan base might go for the sympathy?)

and yes...part of me feels bad cause he is blind...but this is not the disabled competition....when I just listen to his voice I KNOW I would never pay to go to his concert or buy his cd

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

He's talented and all, but I put him in the same category I put Brook in last season: college coffee house singer, and nothing more. He's just not up to the level of this show.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I really wanted to root for him but he's just not doing it. He's mostly likable and does have talent, but he seems to be staying in a "I'll sing it safe" spot. Which on AI is NOT safe, it's boring. He's not showing any vocal range or flexibility. I'm missing the passion he was putting into other songs earlier on in the competition. To me, he's going backwards. And I'm sorry as I said, I wanted him to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;3393840;
    I hate to say it , but when I close my eyes and listen to Scott I don't really like the sound of his voice. His song choices are not good...and he is forgettable. I think he has some career ahead in music, piano playing , maybe even song writing tho we have yet to see that? I just don't think his voice is that great. He might have a "quirky" one hit wonder career ...or he could be an opening act or something...(maybe for Clay Aiken? seems his fan base might go for the sympathy?)

and yes...part of me feels bad cause he is blind...but this is not the disabled competition....when I just listen to his voice I KNOW I would never pay to go to his concert or buy his cd
    That's funny that you say that because I just posted in Adam's thread that I personally WOULD buy Scott's album and go to his concert. I thought that Scott's performance was WONDERFUL last night. I totally LOVED it! I don't really care about the back story. There's just something about this guy that I find incredibly adorable and entertaining and I feel that he is very talented as well. I'm kind of shocked that more people don't see it. Unfortunately, I had a feeling that he might be in trouble this week so I sent almost 100 votes his way because I REALLY want Megan gone at this point. If he leaves before her I'm going to be P****D!

Scott might be in trouble this week. However, I personally think Michael and Megan should go before him.

I thought Scott had a lot of flat spots and notes in last night's performance. He was one of my favorites from the auditions and earlier shows, so I would like to see him break out of the rut he seems to be singing himself into. Right now I'd never pay to see him or buy a CD. There IS something about him that makes me want to shout, "Scott - break out - show us!!!"

FORT Fogey

I think that Scott is a great illustration of the difference between a good singer and a performer / artist. Scott is a very likable guy with a great singing voice. As a result, when he sang for his initial audition, he was someone to really take note of. But he's become quite boring, because he's really not a performer nor an artist. He's a guy who can sing a song back in pitch and sounding good. That's something to be proud of, but not someting you can win American Idol on, or make a career from.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3393847;
    He's talented and all, but I put him in the same category I put Brook in last season: college coffee house singer, and nothing more. He's just not up to the level of this show.
    I can see Brooke there.. and maybe more beyond that but yeah starting off that way. Scott isnt even nichey (is that a word?) enough for that. I can see him in a mid scale hotel in the lounge.

Agian, he is a nice enough guy (from what I can see) and has a good personality that he drops as soon as he sings.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3393549;
    Scott is really dull and what's worse is that he comes off like he expects people to empathize with and vote for him.
    I've never gotten that impression. Scott always seems extremely humble and grateful for the opportunity to be on the show. I don't think he should be in the competition, because he's not a good singer, and he is dull musically, but for the most part I think he's acted like a sweetheart throughout.

+ Reply to Thread