+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

he bores me to tears. He always picks boring songs. He's a nice piano player, but his singing is nothing special.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm not sure that "boring" is quite the right word for me. I'll borrow one of Simon's favorites and say he is "forgettable".

He seems to have a great personality and to be intelligent. I'm just not liking the singing.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3389270;
    i like scott, but he is boring, i don't think its so much that he needs to get away from the piano (and notice that comment was not made towards matt)

i think he's just not singing the right songs, he needs to get current (i feel like a judge saying that lol)

i think he may be on the chopping block after megan/michael
    I really like Scott as well but agree it would be good for him to choose more current songs. When is is that the judges kick in and choose the songs they think suit each singer the best? Also, when will they get their makeovers? I can't wait to see what they do with both Scott & Danny!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3389559;
    he bores me to tears. He always picks boring songs. He's a nice piano player, but his singing is nothing special.
    I have to agree. Decent singer, but needs to break out. His song choices are ho-hum.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'd agree that Scott is not the best singer ever. However, I would like to see him stick around a bit to give some inspiration to others out there who are disabled. And, I still think he's better than several others on this show who have gotten through either on their looks, their fan base, or their backstory.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3392819;
    I'd agree that Scott is not the best singer ever. However, I would like to see him stick around a bit to give some inspiration to others out there who are disabled. And, I still think he's better than several others on this show who have gotten through either on their looks, their fan base, or their backstory.
    Too bad this isn't supposed to be some infomercial or charity drive though, which is what this year's competition is becoming.

Scott is really dull and what's worse is that he comes off like he expects people to empathize with and vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3392734;
    I really like Scott as well but agree it would be good for him to choose more current songs. When is is that the judges kick in and choose the songs they think suit each singer the best? Also, when will they get their makeovers? I can't wait to see what they do with both Scott & Danny!!!!
    Judges usually don't choose until Top 3. And these folks have had stylists since for quite awhile now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3392819;
    I think Scott IS sticking around because of his story. And fan base is what it is all about; fans by the CD's and make money for AI. Looks count as well. How many successful singers and actors do we see who are not good looking? It is part of the star package whether you like it or not.

There is a reason that Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles wore shades, I think. Watching their eyes would probably have been distracting. Hard to picture this guy pulling off sunglasses though. It definitely would help watching him perform. But I think his nerdy personality is too large an anchor for any contrivance to rescue. David Cook called himself a "nerd" (to be precise, a "word nerd") early in the competition last year. So my question is, if David Cook is a "nerd", then what is Scott?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I think Stevie and Ray wore sunglasses to cover up the physical appearance of their eyes.

Scott's eyes are rather pretty.

But yes, he is on the dull side. My memory isn't as sharp as it once was, but I find it hard to recall what Scott sang by the shows end. No way would it carry over to the next day.

Don't think this is his week to go home. Probably not next week either. Megan and Michael have those two spots.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread