+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

FORT Newbie

Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

I like Scott, and his sense of humor. I wonder how his post-Idol career will go.

There are many brilliant blind singers.

Scott needs to take Paula's advice and get out from behind the piano. It is flat-out boring. Ray Charles made his fame BEFORE mtv. I do not think a blind person could make that kind of fame in this day and age unless they were ABSOLUTELY EXTRAORDINARY!!!!!!!!

Scott is good, but he definitely doesn't have the vocals Adam does.

Perhaps if Scott had Adams' vocals, people would recognize the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3388869;
    Scott needs to take Paula's advice and get out from behind the piano. It is flat-out boring. Ray Charles made his fame BEFORE mtv. I do not think a blind person could make that kind of fame in this day and age unless they were ABSOLUTELY EXTRAORDINARY!!!!!!!!

Scott is good, but he definitely doesn't have the vocals Adam does.

Perhaps if Scott had Adams' vocals, people would recognize the talent.
    Let's be honest here, NO ONE in this competition has the vocals or talent that Adam has. Even I can acknowledge that and I HATE Adam and I don't think he belongs in this competition. AI is just not the right place for him. He needs to be on broadway instead. I think that to compare Adam with ANY of the other contestants is like comparing apples and oranges. I still love Scott and i think he's very talented. I think Scott without the piano is like Elton John without the piano. They just go together. I do think that he should take more risks though. I did download his songs from iTunes and they were really great. My 10 year old niece had already downloaded all of his songs and put them on her iPod. I think she's worn out Mandolin Rain
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

^You should really download some Bruce Hornsby for your niece.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3389139;
    ^You should really download some Bruce Hornsby for your niece.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check into that
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

The problem with Scott is that he does absolutely nothing for me. After I watch the show, I go back and think about everyone and I always forgot about him. He has a very bland voice in my opinion and he picks the most boring songs. While I am not a fan of Adam, I do admit they he is memorable. Scott to me isnt. Oh and OriginalSinner, I really like your avatar.

I for one like Scott and I appreciate him! Blindness and all! He is like Adam in the sense, and only in the sense, that American Idol has never had these types of performers. I'm not talking about their singing abilities, I'm talking about their styles, personalities and their uniqueness (is that a word?) I appreciate both of them. Adam of course will go much further, but for now I will root for Scott cuz he is the most sincere and humble one of the bunch. He is so THANKFUL for this opportunity and that is refreshing to me.

I know this is a singing competition, but I am a longtime Idol watcher (Season 2 on) and am so glad to see something different. Just my opinion, and don't want to be bashed for comparing Scott and Adam - but comparison is based purely on their styles.

Ya ! I can understand ppl having a soft spot for Scott. He is very humble.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3389163;
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check into that
    That's just the way it is, a good Bruce song.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorBob14;3389191;
    The problem with Scott is that he does absolutely nothing for me. After I watch the show, I go back and think about everyone and I always forgot about him. He has a very bland voice in my opinion and he picks the most boring songs. While I am not a fan of Adam, I do admit they he is memorable. Scott to me isnt. Oh and OriginalSinner, I really like your avatar.
    Thanks ! That Megan makes a lot of funny faces.

i like scott, but he is boring, i don't think its so much that he needs to get away from the piano (and notice that comment was not made towards matt)

i think he's just not singing the right songs, he needs to get current (i feel like a judge saying that lol)

i think he may be on the chopping block after megan/michael

+ Reply to Thread