+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

FORT Newbie

Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

He is alright, but not great. I don't think he would stay around long if he wasn't blind either.

I like him but not the song.

Sorry to say, but he has one of the weakest voices in the competition. I hope the voters realize that & don't keep him around for sympathy reasons over more talented singers.

FORT Regular

Blind or not - I love his style!

As Randy would say, Scott's performance last night was just aight for me...

Scott pretty much failed last night with the singing. He needs to project better.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I wasn't impressed last night. He was okay, nothing to write home about
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

He's okay but nothing spectacular. I don't think he would've gone this far if he wasn't blind. He's good at interpreting songs though.

Really, I've come to the conclusion that the show is doing Scott a vast disservice by focusing so much, so consistently, on his legal blindness (if you recall, from his original appearance, he's actually not 100% blind, but close enough).

Sure, it's getting him votes in the short term. Just like Danny's dead wife is getting Danny votes. But I think the let-down is made even steeper when someone is put forth as a "hero" and "magic" and an "inspiration" like this, and then turns in an average performance the way Scott did yesterday.

He's NOT going to stop being blind. They can't NOT mention it. But I feel its time for them to stop having every Seacresterview, every piece of archive footage, and every video package, focus on it. You can film stuff asking him about the five million other things no doubt going on in his life, can't you? Sure, being blind might define most of his life, but he's bound to have thoughts, opinions, inspirations, etc. which aren't 100% defined by that.

Just let the man sing, damnit. If he's going to be inspirational and magic and heroic and all of those other terms the show tosses out in an almost hollow fashion, it will come out through his performance. It will mean more that way, and will lessen the possibility of a backlash, when America gets fatigued with the way Scott's story is being pounded home at them.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Maybe apart from his blindness he is not that interesting at all.

I haven't seen much of a personality from him, or anything else that stands out other than his creepy eyes. He really is boring.

+ Reply to Thread