+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

I am so over this guy & his constantly singing ballads. So boring & predictable, & his voice isn't on par with the other contestants, either.

Pleeeeeease go home tonight!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Go Home Already!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty88;3407621;
    Go Home Already!!
    , and don't let the door hit you in the butt. Seriously, he is just not cut out for this kind of competition.

I got teary eyed watching him get the news last night that he was going home! He took it well and appreciated the experience. Loved that Paula said some encouraging words to him and agree that he is a gentleman!!! It appeared to me the two judges who wanted him to stay were Paula and Kara. He has been an inspiration this season and I have enjoyed all his performances. I hope he will go on to have a good career and prove that nice guys don't always finish last!!!!!

FORT Fogey

I want to share this article at Idol Tracker from the LA Times reporter that was at the results show. I've cut it down, you can find the whole article here.

It was as heart-rending a spectacle as the Idoldome had seen this season: the dispatching of Scott MacIntyre to the land beyond "Idol’s" shore sent the studio on an emotional roller coaster from which it won’t soon recover...

...With a group that seems chronically cheerful and friendly to one another, often taking its kids-at-summer-camp vibe to fantastic heights, Scott in many ways seemed, to the removed Idoldome observer, the glue that held the group together. In every group dance number, in every walk across the set, it fell upon a different one of Scott’s colleagues to lead him into position, and the sweetness with which they each took to their task, remarked upon by most who visited, could not but have brought them closer together. The sense -- always present, even in the heat of battle -- that they had a responsibility to help one another was a noble sentiment to see so played out, thanks to Scott’s presence...

...Scott, for his part, in his goofy, innocent way, set the no-whining bar that each "Idol" contestant will strive to match. When he came on the show, questions abounded about how much his disability would disrupt the production, but in the end, through the professionalism of the staff, the goodwill of his peers and, most of all, Scott’s own good humor and uplifting personality, he in fact raised the production to a new height.

During the break just before the verdict was read, the Idoldome audience witnessed a poignant scene. Clearly freaked out about what lay ahead, Anoop wandered away from the center-stage gallows to chat with some girls in the mosh pit. Left to his own devices, Scott began running through his song in preparation for a possible sing-for-your-life, singing it quietly to himself and practicing his moves, shuffling his feet and raising his arms to himself as he sung. It was a quiet moment, but it left everyone in the room so moved, somehow, that when the Angel of Death moments later wrapped Scott in his icy embrace, onlookers could not help themselves but to rise to their feet, giving him a huge, heartfelt ovation.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 04-09-2009 at 04:35 PM.

That was a nice article. Scott seemed like a very nice person, and I'm sure that the others WILL miss him. I'm glad he got to have this experience, and I'm also glad he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3410275;
    ...and I'm sure that the others WILL miss him.
    But you don't?

Just watching Scott on Idol tonite. This is not a stupid man! I can really see him getting into songwriting big time!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3417329;
    Just watching Scott on Idol tonite. This is not a stupid man! I can really see him getting into songwriting big time!
    I for one will be following his career closely and I think that he will be very successful. While I never saw him winning AI he is still my favorite AI contestant EVER. I just love everything about him
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Scott was on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night playing umpire Jim Joyce in a skit about muffing the Armando Galarraga "perfect game". Scott's dry humor has never been more effective.

Jimmy Kimmel - Jim Joyce Umpire Skit with Scott MacIntyre

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213