+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Scott MacIntyre - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3405695;
    My preference would be this order
    One Night In Bangkok (JK I just like that song but I do NOT want to hear Scott sing it)
    Now turn Adam loose on One Night In Bangkok, and then you've got a show!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3405750;
    THAT would be made of awesome.

I think he knows he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3405750;
    That would be pure torture for me

I actually threw that one in as a joke and also because I love that song. Adam would totally ruin it forever for me. Ring of Fire is one of my all time Favorite Johnny Cash songs and I tried to listen to it the other day but I couldn't get Adam's screeching out of my head. That, frankly, totally PI$$ED me off!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Oh dear, as much as I want to like him (because he seems like a nice guy with a passion to music) I just can't. Again he was just mediocre at best and that high note at the end was just painful to listen. If Scott survives this week, he can thank Kris' horrible song choice and Lil, who was even worse than Scott.

FORT Fogey

Rewatched Scott from last night - He actually has a wonderful tone to his voice, and I bet this arrangement sounds great on the iTunes download. In the studio they can fix the pitch issues in his singing, but it just kills the live performances for me. Of course he's very middle-of-the-road so he's not going to be everyones cup of tea even if he sang perfectly. (He and Adam probably have opposing fan bases!)

I don't think he can hold on long in this competition, but he's a good musician and I bet he could put together some good stuff in the studio. Christopher Cross is another favorite of mine who puts great stuff together in the studio, but doesn't have the vocal chops to carry it off live. Scott could have a good career in music, but I don't think I would go to see him live.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3407280;
    Rewatched Scott from last night - He actually has a wonderful tone to his voice, and I bet this arrangement sounds great on the iTunes download. In the studio they can fix the pitch issues in his singing, but it just kills the live performances for me. Of course he's very middle-of-the-road so he's not going to be everyones cup of tea even if he sang perfectly. (He and Adam probably have opposing fan bases!)

I don't think he can hold on long in this competition, but he's a good musician and I bet he could put together some good stuff in the studio. Christopher Cross is another favorite of mine who puts great stuff together in the studio, but doesn't have the vocal chops to carry it off live. Scott could have a good career in music, but I don't think I would go to see him live.
    I agree with everything you said here. I have downloaded all of his iTunes performances and the are all wonderful. And I agree that he sounds better in the studio. But let's face it, how many of us actually go to live performances anyway. I don't know anyone who actually goes to concerts. My parents will go to the occasional Tony Bennett or Doc Severensen (is he still alive? it's been awhile since they've seen him) concert but those are nice, quiet, sit down affairs that are located at a concert hall (Civic Center here in OKC) rather than the arena (Ford Center) where my hockey team (OKC Blazers) or my basketball team (OKC Thunder at the Cox Convention Center) plays. Other than that, people I know just listen to CD's or iTunes. I personally LOATHE concerts with the exception of the aforementioned concert at a civilized concert hall.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Newbie

I think Scott will get the exposure he needs from this show
    and will have a career in music.I know he has stated in
    interviews that he is a Christian so I wonder if he
    will end up in the Christian/pop music area...Like
    maybe Amy Grant.I have never voted for him because
    he is blind.I think he does have talent but AI was
    never going to be the show he would win.It will be
    the door that opens up his career as it has done for
    many that did not win.

FORT Fan

I actually liked his performance last night better than most of his others...the song was more heartfelt and less "by rote" ...some of his stuff sounds so generic and his voice is just not that great. Maybe he can make some cd in a studio...
    whether one likes concerts or not, we have to agree this kid does NOT have the chops to perform live and hit all the notes, and a night of him in concert would be a bore. Blind or not has nothing to do with it...Stevie Wonder is blind and can write, sing, play and entertain
    I don't think that Scott can entertain...and he can't sing live and hit all his notes...

I do wish his sister and family the best...I am sure that he will have a career...the guy has a LOT of degrees and interest and has won many contests and stuff....he has a future in music...but pop star and concert star is probably not it

as for "writing">> well we don't know yet do we?? maybe they will let them put their own songs on one show and that could be interesting

FORT Newbie

Search Youtube...
    I know one he has written is "Easily broken"
    I think I heard there are about 6 of his CD's out
    but I think they are not being sold because of the
    AI show and their restrictions.

+ Reply to Thread