+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Joy (Corkrey) - Season 8

Re: Megan Joy Corkrey - Season 8

I kind of think the judges new veto power is more about getting rid of someone, rather than saving someone, unless something totally off the wall happens.

Re: Megan Joy - Season 8

Originally Posted by fluff
    I really hope the judges don't save her if she's in the bottom two, but I fear they will.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3381939;
    I don't think so, Fluff. I think that "judges' save" thing is earmarked for Adam, Danny, or Lil in case one of them is seemingly voted off early a la Chris Daughtry, Tamyra Gray, and Jennifer Hudson...

I too don't think they will save her or anyone else this early in the game. The judges agree that her song choice was dumb.

FORT Fogey

I'm mixed on Megan. I can't say I'm hoping that she wins -- I don't like her that much. I think she's got a great personality and I enjoy that. I like that she talks about having a child, but doesn't make it her entire identity. And I like her quirkiness -- it seems genuine instead of merely being marketing. As far as her singing goes, I'm fine LISTENING to her, but watching her sing ruins it for me. There's something very akward about her stage presence. She drives me NUTS when she's singing with a mic stand. it's almost as if she's performing entirely inward rather than focusing on the audience.

I doubt that Megan will win, but I actually enjoy her singing and quirkiness. She appears to have had far less stage experience than any of the other contestants, which probably accounts for her some of her awkwardness when whe performs. I hope she sticks around for a while.

FORT Fogey

My house is mixed on Megan...and call her McSquiggle (due to her "dance" moves).

I really like Megan. She has something in her voice I enjoy.

I bet it was between her and MishaVonna for the Wildcard spot I think. Either one of them would have been about the same. Misha might have had more of a shot at staying, not sure. Yeah, the cuteness helps, but I think the judges put her thru because her voice is different. Which made Rockin' Robin a horrible song choice for her. Way too poppy and just obliterated her quirky voice. But even as limited as it is, I think they put her thru mostly due to her voice.

And she does seem to be the most untrained of them all. Jasmine has a nice voice, but no way way she going to stay. Lil was going to get most of the votes Jasmine could pull from. They both sing the same style of music and Lil has the stronger voice.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I like her. I also like Bjork, who is one of Megan's favorite artists. I hope that Bjork donates the Swan Dress to Megan, just to get a buzz going.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3382176;
    I like her. I also like Bjork, who is one of Megan's favorite artists. I hope that Bjork donates the Swan Dress to Megan, just to get a buzz going.

that would be great--and would take a lot of chutzpah, to say the least. But then, I can hear Simon saying, "You ruined your chances by dressing in a costume. You are a joke."
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I like Megan from the earlier rounds, but I thought her performance was the worst of the night. It was just okay until the end, but the 'Caw, Caw' made it memorably BAD for me. Quirky doesn't begin to explain it ...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3382176;
    Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3382190;
    that would be great--and would take a lot of chutzpah, to say the least. But then, I can hear Simon saying, "You ruined your chances by dressing in a costume. You are a joke."
    --
    and Funny!

I like Megan so far. Even her stupid performance last week. As the poster above says, there is something in her voice I really like. And, I like "her". I like that she is tattoed, gorgeous but not at all sexual with boobs hanging out, and her Elaine (from Seinfeld) dance moves. She is out of the norm. Combined with a nice tone to her voice, I think she is one of the few that I'm truely interested in.

I am, however, waiting to see her full vocal potential. She said she was going to bring it next time, so I think next week will be very interesting. It will either make me withdraw my support completely or reinforce it!

Oh, and Pillbeam...Love your avatar. I miss Reuben. What fun to watch he was.

+ Reply to Thread