+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Megan Joy (Corkrey) - Season 8

Re: Megan Joy - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3379662;
    I like her, too, our minority is getting a little bigger.
    I have to report as well...

I really like her. She's definitely not the best singer in the competition but she's fun to watch, she's different and unique and I really like her song choices. And she's really pretty too. She's been really growing on me and I think she's my favourite at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3379907;
    I think she has a good voice, but the song choice was horrible. What was she thinking?
    I've criticized her, but I know we have to be fair.

There was NO way, zero, that was her song choice.

Oh, technically, I suppose it was. They give the Idol kiddies a small to medium list of songs which have been pre-cleared, and they each pick four or five, with what they want to sing most on top and what they could STAND to sing but don't especially want taking the bottom.

Then the producers play favorites and resolve conflicts between contestants who want the same songs by giving the good ones to the people they want most to succeed. And the ones who they don't sometimes have to take their third, fourth or maybe even fifth choice.

I can't imagine Rockin' Robin being anywhere near the top of anyone's list. Nobody's. It had to be a lower down choice and Megan got screwed over. There's no way to know for SURE, but we know from a lot of ex-contestants that the show works this way. And it sure sounds like Jorge was saying much the same thing about the song HE got stuck with last night.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

She has a decent voice with a really unique quality to it but she has no range. I feel like we've seen all she can do, and it's going to be the same song and dance week after week.
    Praise seitan!

I found no "joy" whatsoever in her performance. She is a very attractive girl, but that does not mean she can sing. I would have been very embarassed with that performance last night if I were her. She sounded like one of those really bad singing telegrams they used to have. Totally Karaoke.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I am joining the "I Like Megan" group too. There's just something about her that makes me want to see more performances by her.
    I do want to see her do something different though. I hope she gets to stick around for a while so we get to see her doing different genres.

Quote Originally Posted by Breelynn;3380159;
    I am joining the "I Like Megan" group too. There's just something about her that makes me want to see more performances by her.I do want to see her do something different though. I hope she gets to stick around for a while so we get to see her doing different genres.
    She just makes me happy when I watch her.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3379805;
    I think she took Felicia Barton's spot. Megan is attractive but she's in way over her head in this competition. She should be singing at coffee shops somewhere a la Phoebe Buffay from Friends.
    Ha Ha Ha! Maybe Megan should cover "Smelly Cat".

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Megan for one or two more weeks, just to see what she'll do each week. Boring she's not...

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3379753;
    And the minority grows bigger still: I really like Megan and thought her song choice last night was great. She took an old-fashioned song and updated it with her individual personality. I don't know why the judges slammed her so much--she did the same type of thing she's done in previous weeks when they have praised her.
    I agree 100%. Megan doesn't come close to being my favorite idol, but I enjoyed her performance last night and thought the song suited her perfectly. She reminds me of an adorable toddler when she does her spaz dancing - my daughter used to dance the same way when she was about 18 months old.

Megan will be out of the competition soon enough and I can't waste my energy disliking her. I like the tone of her voice, even if she does have only a four note range.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I'm a fan. She has a very unique sound....and I like her look.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Despite my snark above, I actually do kinda like her... She's different.

+ Reply to Thread