+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Giraud - Season 8

Re: Matt Giraud - Season 8

I was shocked that Matt landed up in the bottom two. Unbelievable. Well, maybe not because on AI anything can happen. I'm 99% positive that had he gotten the least number of votes, the judges would have used their vote to save him. I liked his performance. I hope it was just voters thinking he was safe, because he deserves to stay around awhile.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3396265;
    Matt is one of my favorites however I don't vote for him because I like Anoop better and feel they're competing for votes along with Kris. I'd rather see Kris go than the other two.
    I think you hit it on the head. Matt, Kris, Anoop, Danny, and Scott are all competing for the fans of blue-eyed soul. Some folks decided early on that they liked Danny, so that left the others to fight over what was left of that fan base. It's good news for Adam, because there ain't no one competing for the kinda-out-there-rock-and-roll sound. Even though not everyone goes for the edgy stuff, he's not sharing those votes with anyone else.

This is really not good news for Matt, who I think has just gotten better and better each week. I hope he gets a better spot this week.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3397210;
    I think you hit it on the head. Matt, Kris, Anoop, Danny, and Scott are all competing for the fans of blue-eyed soul. Some folks decided early on that they liked Danny, so that left the others to fight over what was left of that fan base. It's good news for Adam, because there ain't no one competing for the kinda-out-there-rock-and-roll sound. Even though not everyone goes for the edgy stuff, he's not sharing those votes with anyone else.

This is really not good news for Matt, who I think has just gotten better and better each week. I hope he gets a better spot this week.
    I think you're right except for Kris. Matt, Anoop, Danny and Scott could all be in a boy band together and probably do well. They just aren't that memorable or special on their own though. Kris has a different feel for me and I enjoy what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3397210;

I've been voting for all 5 of them pretty much equally. Are you saying that is causing them problems individually? If so I wonder how I should be voting strategically then? I like them in the following order:

1. Danny
    2. Scott
    3. Anoop
    4. Matt/Kris are basically tied because I can't decide which I like better

At this point I'd like to see them in the F5 (although I know that it's wishful thinking that Adam will be anything but F2 even though I just don't get his appeal) and I want to make sure I get them all as far as I can, at least as myself as an individual can do.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3397218;
    I've been voting for all 5 of them pretty much equally. Are you saying that is causing them problems individually? If so I wonder how I should be voting strategically then?.
    That's a tough one. Somebody has got to go eventually. My gut feeling is that Danny and Kris have enough of a fan base to keep them going for a few weeks. Matt, Anoop, and Scott are dangling closer to the edge. (I'm guessing this week may be the end of the road for Scott.)

But, then you have to remember last year's inspiration week: Michael Johns didn't do too well, though he was at the top the week before. And David Cook's song choice kind of bombed. The theory is that Cook's fans panicked and voted like crazy to keep Cookie in the game. The result was Michael Johns fell off in the vote count and was, rather unbelievably, out.

But you're voting pattern is the perfect example of what I was saying before. The more middle-of-the-road guys are splitting the votes.

The other person that may benefit from this is Allison. Megan will certainly go sooner rather than later, and Lil has just not been very impressive the last few weeks. Allison may be the only girl left by the time we are half way through so she will have the power-female-vocalist audience to herself. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3397268;
    That's a tough one. Somebody has got to go eventually. My gut feeling is that Danny and Kris have enough of a fan base to keep them going for a few weeks. Matt, Anoop, and Scott are dangling closer to the edge. (I'm guessing this week may be the end of the road for Scott.)

But, then you have to remember last year's inspiration week: Michael Johns didn't do too well, though he was at the top the week before. And David Cook's song choice kind of bombed. The theory is that Cook's fans panicked and voted like crazy to keep Cookie in the game. The result was Michael Johns fell off in the vote count and was, rather unbelievably, out.

But you're voting pattern is the perfect example of what I was saying before. The more middle-of-the-road guys are splitting the votes.

The other person that may benefit from this is Allison. Megan will certainly go sooner rather than later, and Lil has just not been very impressive the last few weeks. Allison may be the only girl left by the time we are half way through so she will have the power-female-vocalist audience to herself. What do you think?
    Well DARN! I don't want my voting to benefit anyone other than the ones I'm voting for. I don't want to only vote for one person because then I'm afraid someone I like will be gone. I didn't give Matt very many votes last week and look what happened, he was in the B3. I gave Scott A LOT of votes and he was still in the B3. This makes my head hurt!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3397289;
    Well DARN! I don't want my voting to benefit anyone other than the ones I'm voting for. I don't want to only vote for one person because then I'm afraid someone I like will be gone. I didn't give Matt very many votes last week and look what happened, he was in the B3. I gave Scott A LOT of votes and he was still in the B3. This makes my head hurt!
    OK, I've given your dilemma a lot of thought. (Yes, it's true - I have no life.) I think I would approach it this way: concentrate on who you want to see in the final four. And when I say that I mean realistically who can you get into the final four assuming that two of the four will be Danny and Adam. So you have two slots open that you can fill. Now the good news is that one of your guys (Danny) is already there without you having to vote.

Essentially this is something of a Sophie's Choice - you have to give up on two of your guys because to continue trying to support them all is just diluting your influence. Two of them have to go so you can guarantee the strongest two get to slug it out in the finals.

And speaking of hard choices, I know you really really like Scott, but I don't think that there is any way to save Scott for more than a week. He is a great person and a talented arranger and musician, but his vocals aren't as strong as the other guys and I don't think he has the fans behind him that Anoop and Kris do. As painful as it is to consider, you may have to let nature take it's course with Scott, if you want to save your other guys. Just something to consider.

In any case, if Danny is safe and Scott is gone, then you just have to choose any two: Matt, Anoop, or Kris. And vote like crazy for your two picks. If you want to change which two you vote for week by week based on their performances - that's OK.

Does that help any? Don't drive yourself crazy - it's just a talent show. And remember - you're just one person. No one can expect you to deliver five guys to the finish line! Give yourself a break!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3397938;
    OK, I've given your dilemma a lot of thought. (Yes, it's true - I have no life.) I think I would approach it this way: concentrate on who you want to see in the final four. And when I say that I mean realistically who can you get into the final four assuming that two of the four will be Danny and Adam. So you have two slots open that you can fill. Now the good news is that one of your guys (Danny) is already there without you having to vote.

Essentially this is something of a Sophie's Choice - you have to give up on two of your guys because to continue trying to support them all is just diluting your influence. Two of them have to go so you can guarantee the strongest two get to slug it out in the finals.

And speaking of hard choices, I know you really really like Scott, but I don't think that there is any way to save Scott for more than a week. He is a great person and a talented arranger and musician, but his vocals aren't as strong as the other guys and I don't think he has the fans behind him that Anoop and Kris do. As painful as it is to consider, you may have to let nature take it's course with Scott, if you want to save your other guys. Just something to consider.

In any case, if Danny is safe and Scott is gone, then you just have to choose any two: Matt, Anoop, or Kris. And vote like crazy for your two picks. If you want to change which two you vote for week by week based on their performances - that's OK.

Does that help any? Don't drive yourself crazy - it's just a talent show. And remember - you're just one person. No one can expect you to deliver five guys to the finish line! Give yourself a break!
    Thanks for your input on this. I don't want someone good to go because me and others who vote like me are splitting the votes. I get what you're saying about Scott but I REALLY don't think it would be right for him to go before Megan. Unfortunately, no amount of voting for Scott will probably prevent that since the VFTW people have picked her this season. I'll probably vote for Scott and Matt this week.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

FORT Fogey

Matt got slammed down hard last night for going pop instead of R&B. Clearly he's better at R&B (Georgia, Lets Get it On), and that's what a lot of people want to see. But at the same time he also knows he probably can't win an R&B smackdown with the more charismatic Gokey and Allen. Which explains why he wants to break out of the R&B box. Unfortunately as a pop singer, he just comes off as a wannabe.

Um, who's Allen?

+ Reply to Thread