+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Giraud - Season 8

Re: Matt Giraud - Season 8

He performed first and got good praises from the judge. So voters just assume he would be safe and not vote.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3395594;
    He performed first and got good praises from the judge. So voters just assume he would be safe and not vote.
    His was the best performance for me as well and to be honest, I did vote for him but I didn't give him that many votes. In hindsight I should have gone ahead and given him more votes. I was voting by text so I could easily have given him as many votes as Scott. I wanted to make sure that I gave Scott enough votes because I was afraid he was in trouble.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3395594;
    Yeah, season after season, the viewers seem to forget this lesson.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3395707;
    Yeah, season after season, the viewers seem to forget this lesson.
    ITA, as a fan of his, I forgot him 3 performances later, he doesn't seem to have a huge fan base. even looking at this FORT page he has some of the fewest comments, for better or for worse he doesn't seem to be generating a buzz...

I like him better than most of the guys... I hope he sticks around...

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3395743;
    ITA, as a fan of his, I forgot him 3 performances later, he doesn't seem to have a huge fan base. even looking at this FORT page he has some of the fewest comments, for better or for worse he doesn't seem to be generating a buzz...

I like him better than most of the guys... I hope he sticks around...
    Yeah, I agree with you. It seems like alot of people decide very early who they want to win and only vote for that person. I usually have several that I like but try to give most of them at least a few weeks to see how they do with different genres. Some of them improve significantly as they get more comfortable being on stage. He was one of my favorites from night one, but I think he has only improved so I hope people will start catching on to him.

FORT Fogey

I judge my tastes by whose videos I rewatch or who I'd like to see perform live.

Of all the contestants, I watch Matt's first audition and his Hollywood audition the most. Next are Danny's and Adam's Michael Jackson week performances. I don't think I've re-watched anyone else, but I will say that I would pay money to see Megan perform live - maybe in a small club or something.

I realize she doesn't have the chops to compete fully in AI, but I think she's got more in her than what we've seen...she just needs lessons. I enjoy her style and yes, here quirkiness (i.e. great smile, clothes, tattoos, etc.).

Matt is one of my favorites however I don't vote for him because I like Anoop better and feel they're competing for votes along with Kris. I'd rather see Kris go than the other two.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

There were several American Idol related shows on this weekend, including one that re-hashed past seasons.

The contestants talked about going either last or first. Last is known as "The Pimp Spot" while going first is known as being in "The Death Spot".

I find it hard to believe that the majority of people can't remember how good a performance was after a mere 45 minutes have past.

Are they really that brainless?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think it's because you forget how much you liked someone or think maybe they weren't as good as you thought after hearing other good performances. I really liked Matt last week but it paled a little after seeing Anoop and Allison. I do think singing first or last is a factor along with others such as song choice.

Hi
    I loooooooooove Matt and will be voting for him like crazy this week. Anyway just wanted to bring this over here. Some of you wrote how you noticed something between Megan and Matt. Well Joel Madden and Nicole Ritchie went out to dinner and they ran into Matt and Megan having dinner. Here's the link
    I know who we are voting for this week..... - Good Charlotte

+ Reply to Thread