+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Giraud - Season 8

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: Matt Giraud - Season 8

Matt had absolutely no business being in the bottom 3 last night. I'm guessing that he will be no where close to the bottom 3 next week - his fans will be dialing their fingers off.
    I agree he should get that mole removed - it is very distracting (even my husband commented on it). He thinks Matt looks like a young Tom Hanks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3394894;
    Matt had absolutely no business being in the bottom 3 last night. I'm guessing that he will be no where close to the bottom 3 next week - his fans will be dialing their fingers off.
    I agree he should get that mole removed - it is very distracting (even my husband commented on it). He thinks Matt looks like a young Tom Hanks.
    Funny. I never noticed the mole. Now I'll be like Austin Powers looking at Mole.

I always saw Justin Timberlake in Matt's looks, but I think your husband's reference is better. He really does look like a young Tom Hanks!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Matt - my personal favorite - reminds me of Michael Buble. And yes, I've noticed the mole. Want to paint it red and write "you are here" next to it.

Agree that Matt didn't belong in the bottom three. He couldn't hide the hurt he was feeling. That jerk Simon didn't help with the uncalled for comment "nobody likes you". Always thought Simon was a bit cold and unfeeling. Dislike him even more now.

If I could send Simon home, I'd be willing to do it even if it meant keeping Megan.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Matt definitely did not belong in the bottom and I think he was only there for drama.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Matt belonged in the bottom 3 as much as anyone else. When he sang the Motown song, he couldn't project the necessary sexuality that the lyrics required. I find his bluesy-soul style a little too generic anyway. Danny and Adam are going to the finals, so it doesn't really matter if Matt goes this week or in a couple weeks,
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3395059;
    Matt definitely did not belong in the bottom and I think he was only there for drama.
    Exactly, combatcutie. There is no way Matt deserved to be in the bottom three at all. He is above the level of vocals of the other two in the bottom three, that's for sure.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I think he looks like an actor named Ivan Sergei - he played Paige's husband in Charmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was SHOCKED that Matt was in the B3. This was the first week that he actually impressed me. I thought that he could have added more sexuality but he did sex it up enough for me to notice him when I was bored by him in previous weeks. Now he is up there with Danny, Scott and Anoop for me.

ETA: I had not noticed the mole until it was pointed out upthread. It doesn't bother me though.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3395068;
    Matt belonged in the bottom 3 as much as anyone else. When he sang the Motown song, he couldn't project the necessary sexuality that the lyrics required. --
    I'm a huge Matt fan, but I have to say that I agree that he did not convey the sexuality the original evokes. Although, I don't think anyone could do that song as well as Marvin. Not even Adam.

Still, he performed his version of it very well and I don't think he belonged in the bottome 3.

I thought his performance was the best of the night, with the possible exception of Allison's. He's top 3 for me.

+ Reply to Thread