+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Giraud - Season 8

Re: Matt Giraud - Season 8

Matt is in my top 2 or 3 so far. I agree, he should keep the piano.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Matt is my favorite this season.

Not sure how he will do next week. He doesn't really have a country music kind of voice. From the list of eligible singers, I think he could probably do alright with something from Dierks Bentley or maybe Craig Morgan.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

matt's our home-town-boy ... the closest anyone on AI has ever lived to my town (i'm about 20 miles away from kalamazoo). the last one from west michigan was scooter girl ... YUK.

i agree, he does much better with the piano.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3383434;
    matt's our home-town-boy ... the closest anyone on AI has ever lived to my town (i'm about 20 miles away from kalamazoo). the last one from west michigan was scooter girl ... YUK.

i agree, he does much better with the piano.
    I liked Scooter Girl, but then she got super wierd. Do you know what ever happened to her?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3379801;
    I think the problem for Matt G outside of the competition is that Justin Timberlake already exists. Not only does he look just like him, he dresses the same, he sounds like him too. Like Randy pointed out he has that whole blue eyed soul, rnb, thing going on. He'd have a shot at a career if he did different type of music and changed up his style. As of now he's like a bootleg version of Justin T.
    IMO, the similarity between Matt and Justin stops at "blue-eyed boy with soul". They both have it, but there's a difference in their musical genres. JT is more hip hop. Matt is more indy. I'd also go as far as suggesting that Matt has deeper roots in R&B and soul since he was a singer in a gospel choir and channels Ray Charles.

I'm not familiar with JT's ability to play musical instruments but for Matt to play piano like he does after only playing for four years, he has it in his blood.

My entire family plays piano. Once in a while, I come across something that I actually know for sure. This is one.

I love Matt! He is my favorite out of my group of four (Matt, Anoop, Allison, and Danny.) He has an amazing unique voice. MATT FOR THE WIN!!!
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3382246;
    From the list of eligible singers, I think he could probably do alright with something from Dierks Bentley or maybe Craig Morgan.

He could definitely do well with Craig Morgan song. Or perhaps Vince Gill or Josh Turner, who both have very soulful voices.
    Praise seitan!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I am not a big fan of Carrie Underwood or her music (although I do love Next Time He Cheats!).

I absolutely LOVED Matt last night. Totally shocked that they gave him the Pimp Spot, but given his performance, he certainly deserved it.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I thought Matt did the BEST out of all of them last night. This guy has lots of soul. Hope my votes last night pan out for him.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I loved his performance. This was the best he's done so far IMO. Hope he continues down this path
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread