+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Matt Giraud - Season 8

Re: Matt Giraud - Season 8

I guess it was justified for Matt.

They wouldn't have used it for Lil.
    After all the "save option" hype,
    they had to use it eventually.
    The most talented contestants don't seem to be in danger.

At the same time, this builds up tension for next weeks Results Show.
    Kind of smart, when you think "ratings".

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3414956;
    I'll be sorry to see him go, but I think he's out tonight. Judges will definitely not save Matt.
    I'm sorry to say you were wrong.

I think it was a mistake.

FORT Fan

Kara's gonna react like Paula did to Constantine's elimination when Matt really goes.

FORT Fogey

Matt lucked out. America did not get it wrong if that was the reason for the JUDGES SAVE.

They just wanted to use it up so as not to make it clear the whole thing was a dramas ploy.

Sure hope that Allison ( the only hope for the females) doesn't fall on her face next week

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3415755;
    Matt lucked out. America did not get it wrong if that was the reason for the JUDGES SAVE.

I don't think America got it right. Lil has been worse than him every single week since the beginning of the show. He has his ups and downs, but definitely not worse than Lil.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I had a feeling he was going to get the least amount of votes, but I also felt like the judges would save him. I'm sooooooooooooo glad they decided to keep him. I watched the show with my 3 sisters yesterday, none of them watch the show, but anyways, when matt sang his song for the judges, they alllllll loved him. They couldn't understand why he got the lowest amount of votes. He better bring it next week.

Matt looked so worried when he and Danny were standing together. He knew he would be in the bottom 3, was dreading the moment.

FORT Fogey

While I agree with those who've not found Matt's on-air performances to be the best, I think that he's got a great recording voice -- seems to me his studio recordings show that -- and I'm sure he's a great musician.

To me, what he has done on the piano while singing goes miles beyond what any other instrument-playing contestant has done before on the show -- doing not just ballads but tough uptempo stuff, playing so often with the full band and not just on his own, and just his piano playing in general strikes me as kind of running rings around Scott's, Brooke's and David A's (although I certainly admire them, too, for what they did) ...

All that makes me think that maybe the main problem Matt has had with his vocals has been nerves. And if I were a judge -- looking for a good recording artist -- I think I would have wondered whether giving him a big big boost of confidence might help cure him of the stage nerves so he could live up to his potential on the stage. i wonder whether that's what they were thinking, too. I guess we'll see if it works. (I'm not very confident it will, I must say. I think it's pretty hard to just suddenly get a big increase in confidence. I guess we'll see.)

I agree with those who feel Matt deserved the save. He deserved it a lot more than Lil, IMO. I think he's had so many more better performances than she has. She has sounded very flat in some parts of every song she has performed.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I think it is nerves for Matt, he looks so nervous. I think he Scott both have excellent piano skills.

+ Reply to Thread