+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Giraud - Season 8

Re: Matt Giraud - Season 8

I just looked at all of his songs on iTunes and the only 2 performances I remember was last night's (which I thought was OK except the end was bad) and Let's Get it On. I do remember last week's but I didn't like the song (had never heard of it or the band) but remember the performance was OK. The main thing I remember about him is that even though I don't really remember his performances that well, I enjoy them while I'm in the moment but then I forget about it when he's done. I never really noticed Kris until How Sweet it Is but I went back and bought all of his performances and they are actually all great and he's now one of my favorites. I'll bet Part Time Lover is better in the studio. I was thinking about buying that one and Let's Get it On but I don't want to buy 2 and not the others. I'm not really one to buy the 1 I like and not buy all of them. Does that make any sense?
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

There seems to be a real divergence of opinion on Matt's performance last night. Some people loved it (including the judges). Others (like me) thought it was nothing special. ("Talent-showy" is the word I invented for it last night.) This is new territory for Matt, usually folks are pretty much in agreement as to whether he succeeded or not. He's become controversial! Which can only be good news when you are fighting to stay in the game.

I'm so confused. Matt's performance last night was like nails on a chalkboard for me. I like the kid, but last night was just excruciating. I was wincing all the way through it. And then the judges gave him a tongue bath. I am honestly confused about this. Does the live performance sound completely different than what I hear on my tv?
    Count your blessings!

I thought Matt sounded better last night than he did last week, but that's not saying much. I still feel like he has potential, but not to win. No judges save for Matt.

I think the "save" (if ever used) will be reserved for Adam, Allison and maybe Danny.

I don't know how that works, but once they are down to 5 contestants, the "save" should not be available anymore.
    The purpose of the "save" is, to even out a major "mishap" (from the judges point of view).
    It is not to force a contestant on the audience.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;3407937;
    I don't know how that works, but once they are down to 5 contestants, the "save" should not be available anymore.

As I understand it, it does have to be used before the Final Five are announced.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm so glad Matt is safe, I voted for like crazy again even though I did not like that song at all. His voice sounded good to me but I just didn't like the song. I hope he picks something better next week. My favorite performance of his was "so small" by Carrie Underwood. He did great with that

My favorite song by Matt was 'Georgia'. It brought out all his soulfulness. That rendition by him was amazing. Matt, if you read these boards at all, please get back to your soul-ful side!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3407865;
    I'm so confused. Matt's performance last night was like nails on a chalkboard for me. I like the kid, but last night was just excruciating. I was wincing all the way through it. And then the judges gave him a tongue bath. I am honestly confused about this. Does the live performance sound completely different than what I hear on my tv?
    I agree. Matt did not deserve praise at all. He came close to butchering the song. The judges' comments are often geared to trying to shape the order in which the contestants are eliminated before Top 2 (ie. Danny and Adam). For some, reason, they wanted Matt to stay longer, probably because they didn't want to see him leave before the mediocre Scott. They couldn't slam Scott (because of his disability), so they over-praised Matt. Simon has said more than once that his comments are sometimes meant to influence the voting. There's no "conspiracy," it's just a showbiz element that Simon takes advantage of.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fan

I loved Matt's performance!!! He absolutely deserved the praise..his stage presence was also great!

+ Reply to Thread