+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 3 ???

American Idol 3 ???

Sorry for starting a new Thread, and if this has already been discussed. please purge. Thanks

But I am already starting to get sad realizing that we are 3/4 finished with Idol 2. I love this show so much! I also love these boards, any ideas of what you will replace the show with, when the show is over? And do you think there will be an Idol 3, and do you think Ryan will be the host?

I don't want the show to get stale, but I hope there is an Idol 3.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I'd love to see an Idol 3 and I would like to see them step it up. Include people who play instruments, etc. I'd also like to see a band version.
    ~*~ Maji *~

As far as what to replace the show with, there are a ton of summer reality shows coming up on the slate. The Amazing Race 4, Big Brother 4, Temptation Island 3, and so on. We'll be covering 'em all, of course. And I'll be doing interviews for Amazing Race again this season.

[/blatantplug]

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I so want to be on Amazing Race. Love that show. Looking forward to the interviews, John!
    ~*~ Maji *~

Hey John,

How long after AI2 is over do you keep the forum up? Just curious.
    - "American celebrities have an amazing amount of influence on the way America thinks, feels and acts. I think that such influences should be used in the most positive way possible." - Clay Aiken
    -

FORT Fan
    NBC is going to have a show called "Fame", the reality series -- with Debbie Allen as creative director. So that there will be a talent show to fill the void.

FORT Fanatic
    Season 2 of AI truly surpassed the first season. I am going to be extremely bored once it's over. I am looking forward to Kids Idol, Pop Idol 2, and AI3 if ever. AI3 I think will be the least best among the 2 AI series.

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    Why would AI3 be the worst of the three? I think it all matters about the talent. I think this AI2 is not as good as the last because I just don't find many of the contestants that great like Tamyra and Kelly were last year. This year there is a better group as a whole but the two "best", Clay and Ruben are not as good as Kelly and Tamyra from last year. I don't think the show has gone down hill but I just don't enjoy watching the contestants as much. The only real contestant that keeps me totally tuned in is Trenyce. When Trenyce goes I'll still watch but it won't be as exciting to me. So it just matters who you like this year and if AI3 has stand out talent and such it will be just as good or maybe better. That's what is so great about American Idol, it's not totally based on the producers to come up with something new, its about the talent and the talent will be different every year. Yeah, I think American Idol will run its coarse but I think it definately has atleast another year for it after AI2. But I hope they wait a little while before bringing it back, only because if they throw out AI3 right after AI2 then it will lose my interest.

JustJoe it is interesting you mentioned the comparision of the talent between this year finalists with last year finalist. l agree that the contestants as a whole were more talented this year than last ... but the semi-finalist Justin Guarini can not even come close to Ruben or Clay. He and Josh may be even. But if I compare Tamarya & Kelly against Trenyce and Kim L. I have trouble deciding who is more talented. Come to think about it, would it not be interesting to have IDOL 3, where the losers from Idol 1 compete with the losers from IDOL 2. And while I am rambling let me interject the men are better this year than last.

Originally posted by aikenfan
    Hey John,

How long after AI2 is over do you keep the forum up? Just curious.
    We won't be removing the forum, but two weeks or so after the show's over, we'll move it into the "Archives" forum. All of the links will remain the same, though, so if you've got it bookmarked, it won't change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast