+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Rounds - Season 8

Re: Lil Rounds - Season 8

I haven't liked her at any point but she just seems to be getting worse and worse week after week. She's had couple of quite bad performances in a row and her screechy version of Heatwave was just horrible. I think even Vonzell did it better and I never liked her either.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3395206;
    The girl can sing and she did sing the song well enough for the type of song it is. The problem is that "Heat Wave" isn't the type of song that allows you to flex your vocal muscles - it's just too fast and high energy. Listen to the original. Nothing special with the vocals there either. Great song to get people moving - crappy contest song.
    ITA, Whoopi Goldberg sang it just fine in Sister Act.

I think that Lil is probably the most overrated contestant on this show. Her voice bores me to tears as there is nothing original to it at all. Also, I am starting to get the feeling that she is getting to be a little too arrogant. The way that her jaw dropped in shock when Ryan teased her about being in the bottom 3 really rubbed me the wrong way. If I had my pick of anyone going home next it would be her.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3395813;
    ITA, Whoopi Goldberg sang it just fine in Sister Act.
    Okay, sorry to take this tangent off topic, but Sister Act is one of my all-time favorite movies. Whoopi sang Heat Wave in it?!?

Lil needs to go home sooner rather than later. She looked positively annoyed when she received criticism after her performance, which was screechy and boring (but you can't expect much more than that when it comes to Lil), and she had the nerve to act shocked when faced with elimination? Ugh. This is the most annoying season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3396100;
    Okay, sorry to take this tangent off topic, but Sister Act is one of my all-time favorite movies. Whoopi sang Heat Wave in it?!?
    Yes she did and she did it 10 times better! It's not that Whoopi has a better singing voice or is more talented but she's got a lot of attitude and fun personality which Lil is really lacking and it's something you need, not just for this type of song but the type of music that Lil wants to get into.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

She just keeps getting worse... "Surrender" should've been a good song for her but she sounded very flat most of the time and I think she was off-key in parts. And at the end she was more screaming than singing. What a horrible performance!

I am amazed that a certain ranking place has her in the top group. She was indeed boring and I agree with the previous posters who say she is over ranked. The judges call cruise ship and cocktail lounge on others when Lil consistently turns in exactly those sort of performances.

Actually the judges are becoming boring and are showing themselves to be bores with all of their inattentiveness while the contestants are performing. How incredibly rude. Yes, I know they see the dress rehearsal and that is no excuse. Argh!

FORT Fogey

I think that Lil has tremendous talent, which is why the judges keep fawning over her. However, she's totally lost in figuring out how to best use that talent, and that's her big problem which is leaving her coming across as quite boring. She's a great illustration of how simply being a talented singer is not enough to make it either in the music business or on AI (and in many ways explains many of the other great singers who never make it past Hollywood week). I think the judges see enough of a glimmer of hope in her that they keep pushing her along. But Lil does not appear to be comfotable enough in the whole process to show the confidence of just getting out there and doing what she believes in. She's trying to be what she thinks they want rather than what she really is, and anything good in her is getting lost in that process.

I think Lil is a perfect example of what is wrong this season. She has a AWESOME voice, but doesn't know how to use it. In addition, almost all of the contestants are getting pissy with the judges or discounting what they have to say. Adam is the only one I recall taking advice well so far. Maybe Allison as well.

There are at least four contestants with great voices, but they don't know how to pick songs and showcase their voices. I wish there was a bit more training in this process, I think the audience would be the winners if they trained the contestants more.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread