+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Rounds - Season 8

Re: Lil Rounds - Season 8

I really like Lil and think she is a major female contender. I agree that she has improved her image since she got to Hollywood and loved her look this week. I like her stage presence and her vocal performance. Unlike some of the fresh young performers, she is a wife and mother of 2/3 kids which to me makes her even more determined and focused. Not becuase she has a family, but because she has to stay focused while she is away from family. I think she can make it to the finals. She needs to make a good song selection next week.

I don't get the judges' (Kara's) fascination here. I think she's ok, but nothing special. I hope that she gets a shot at a record contract, though. She's really trying to make something for herself and her family, and I give her a lot of credit for that.

Ugh, this girl is not extraordinary in the slightest. She screams throughout her performances and in my opinion, doesn't have a very good quality to her voice. She may be on the same plane as screechfest Syesha, but I think America's forgetting what a true diva is supposed to sound like (::ahem:: La Toya, Melinda, Trenyce, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3389289;
    Ugh, this girl is not extraordinary in the slightest. She screams throughout her performances and in my opinion, doesn't have a very good quality to her voice. She may be on the same plane as screechfest Syesha, but I think America's forgetting what a true diva is supposed to sound like (::ahem:: La Toya, Melinda, Trenyce, etc.).
    Agree 100%
    Lil Rounds has been over rated by the judges since her initial audition in Kansas City.I failed to see what they saw her in her then & I still fail to see it now. Her vocals don't do anything for me at all.I don't know why she's such a big deal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3388988;
    I don't get the judges' (Kara's) fascination here. I think she's ok, but nothing special. I hope that she gets a shot at a record contract, though. She's really trying to make something for herself and her family, and I give her a lot of credit for that.

I agree. Good voice but not interesting. We have heard it all before. yawn

I too, feel Lil Rounds is way over-rated. The judges seem to be pulling for her, and I do not think she is the best talented vocalist there by any means.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

On a night that she should have dominated, she was once again barely mediocre. She chose to screech her way through yet another performance & got lauded by Randy as doing a great "Tribute to the original." Bah, she brings absolutely nothing new to this show that we haven't seen year after year.

From now on I will refer to her not as Lil Rounds. She will be Shrill Sounds!

She should sing a diva type song.

FORT Fogey

She is like so many other singers. It takes more than a good voice to wow me. They all have good voices. Do something different, surprize me.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I can put Lil and Adam on the same ballot. I really, really do not see (or hear) what the judges think is so special about either of them.

Thankfully, I am not the person in charge of typing up the closed captioning. I would have had a very hard time following Lil last night. She (and Michael) mumbled a good portion of their songs.

It could be that she doesn't realize it, but she looks awfully defensive when they are giving her anything less than a stellar review.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread