+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

sdl

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3400363;
    Perhaps the only artist in the competition that can do unique & great arrangements of almost any song to show us who he really is & what type of music we can expect to hear from him in the future. I was shocked to agree with Paula, but this could indeed be a great first single from Kris. Best of the night.
    I agree completely.
    This was the first time I ever went to iTunes and bought a download of an Idol song. Kris is really coming on strong.

I love Adam and think he's in a league all his own, but I think Kris is the most talented one of the remaining guys. What a powerful perfomance the other day! I'm going to have to buy it on itunes!

Ricky Minor is a part of the Idol Extra show on The Fox Reality Channel. Every week he discusses the performances & song choices of each of the Idols. This week when discussing Kris, he said that the arrangement & the decision to use strings was Kris' & that the decision to move them down next to the piano & make them a more intimate part of the performance was also Kris' but wasn't made until about an hour before show time. I think we are seeing a young guy with a lot of savvy & I really hope to see him continue deep into the competition, I think he has made himself a front runner to be sure.

Razorback - thanks for that! My impression of him just keeps growing.

So does mine....I'm starting to see a very talented young man who also happens to be a nice guy. Didn't someone mention that Kris helped the others with their arrangements a couple of shows ago? I think it's Adam & Kris in the Top 2.

I remember when the Top 13 first started out that I was rooting for Matt, Anoop, Allison, and Danny (in that order) and through the weeks my opinions have changed and my new and sole favorite is Kris. I have only seen three A.I. Performance shows out of the 4 or 5 and Kris has been at the top of 2 of them for me. He's different and isn't cocky which is something that I like as well. I remember when he first made it through the top 13 I didn't think he should have and thought he'd be an early boot. But now I'm rooting for him to win it all. GO KRIS!
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3402631;
    So does mine....I'm starting to see a very talented young man who also happens to be a nice guy. Didn't someone mention that Kris helped the others with their arrangements a couple of shows ago? I think it's Adam & Kris in the Top 2.
    I also have changed my opinion from "Kris who?" to "Wow - Kris is GOOD!" I, too, would like to see Kris finish higher than Danny.

I think it's pretty certain that Adam will be in the top 2, it's just a matter of who will be there with him. And I hope it's Kris.

I remember, I think it was week 1, when Simon said he should've waited to bring his wife. Simon's critique of his singing that night wasn't very good, and he was essentially suggesting that Kris should try to tap into the girl votes because he's a cutie. Kris didn't seem to think much of the idea - no goofy grin, or anything that said he liked the idea of playing to that angle - and I was impressed with that. I think he'd rather be recognized for his talent than his looks. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and yeah, talented.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I think I have a crush....
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I'm wanting to like him more, but I'm still not feeling it. I thought his performance this week was good, but it just didn't blow me away. I do think he should survive longer than some of the others, though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread