+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2262636465666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Reality Rocks blog on Yahoo Music has a short article on Kris going to Hati next week with a relief team.

ris in fact has an extensive history of doing missionary work overseas. Long before he was crowned season 8's American Idol, the former church music director traveled to Burma, Morocco, Mozambique, South Africa, Spain, and Thailand, "just doing kind of philanthropy stuff, just trying to help people out."

Kris explained during his B97 interview: "This is the stuff that means the most to me, going out and helping people. And obviously, the thing that happened in Haiti was just a tragedy. I feel blessed that I get to go over there and help people out."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3806635;
    Kris Allen did not impress at the NFC Championship game. Jordin sang beautifully at the AFC Championships. The speakers were far too loud though. Whatever the case, go Idols!
    I thought Jordin did great as well. I love Kris, and his CD, but he has never been an outstanding vocalist, especially on the high notes! But he did okay. He didn't sound bad, but he will never one who can belt out a song.

Oh, and can I vote for Written All Over My Face for the next single, LOL.

Actually, I'd be pretty happy with anything they release, I love his CD!!

Kris hit the Top 20 this morning on the Pop Charts (he reains at #10 on the Hot AC Charts) , with some huge upward momentum. Talk about a slow starter & the little engine that could.

25 20 KRIS ALLEN Live Like We're Dyin... 3452 2943 509 20.575

Goodness, I wish the post would look like it is supposed to when it is copied from Word. Anyway, what you see above is an increase of 509 spins week over week & an Audience Impression of 20.575 million listeners.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3809719;
    Kris hit the Top 20 this morning on the Pop Charts (he reains at #10 on the Hot AC Charts) , with some huge upward momentum. Talk about a slow starter & the little engine that could.

25 20 KRIS ALLEN Live Like We're Dyin... 3452 2943 509 20.575

Goodness, I wish the post would look like it is supposed to when it is copied from Word. Anyway, what you see above is an increase of 509 spins week over week & an Audience Impression of 20.575 million listeners.
    I was given Kris's CD for Christmas and I love it, truly listen all the way through. He's a very enjoyable and likeable musician. Great news about his single!

FORT Fogey

Look who Kris ran in to at the Clive Davis Grammy party.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

LOL...He looks sloshed (what is up with his hair?) and she looks gorgeous.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Finally! Kris's AOL Music Sessions are up! Since each song and interview is a separate link, I'll just link over to MJ's site since she has all the links posted there. These were supposed to be released before Christmas, as evidenced by Kris and the band playing Oh Holy Night. (Great version, though!)

FORT Fogey

Looks like Kris will be making his Haiti trip this weekend. The details came to light in a press release from the United Nations Foundation.

The United Nations Foundation announced today it is partnering with AMERICAN IDOL for an episode on February 25 dedicated to Haiti. During the IDOL results show on FOX on Thursday, February 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), IDOL winner Kris Allen will perform and will share footage of his trip to Haiti with the UN Foundation to raise awareness and funds that will benefit the United Nations as it works with Haitians to help rebuild the country.

“We are proud to partner with IDOL GIVES BACK Foundation, FOX and AMERICAN IDOL on this special episode,” said Kathy Calvin, CEO of the United Nations Foundation. “We are working directly with the UN to help Haiti address the medium and long-term challenges of reconstruction. The UN needs our support to continue to provide food, water, shelter, medicine, security, and economic opportunities to the earthquake victims...”
    So the focus of this effort is getting medium and long-term efforts going to rebuild the country and these devastated families.

I think it's great the way Kris is able to tap into his passion for working on similar projects pre-Idol.

You can find out more about the UN Foundation's Haiti efforts here.

Update: MJ has details from the Fox press release plus audio from a radio interview today where Kris talks about the trip.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 02-17-2010 at 06:34 PM.

FORT Fogey

Some of the workers in Haiti have sent some tweets out about Kris.

From @aidwkr
    Ok Concern Haiti officially loves American Idol Kris Allen -he's so cool & even sang Amazing Grace to mothers & children in our baby tent

I really hope Kris makes top 10 on the pop chart. He's so close but it's really tight and if he doesn't make it soon he'll be at 11. He seems to just miss the big boundaries each time - album 11, HAC 6, and Pop 11. Still did way better than a lot of people expected but grrr.

He's finally getting some love from the Cdn stations but he's definitely just starting up here. 99.9 actually has a link to buy the CD for Kris Allen and the Southern Thunder up when you look up Kris Allen and Live Like We're Dying.

+ Reply to Thread