+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 206061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3768572;
    Kris did a jazzy version of The Christmas Song on Bonnie Hunt. Check out the video here on the show site, and enjoy some holiday cheer!
    Thanks for that, helped make my day today, I needed some holiday cheer!!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Light, breezy, jazzy and wonderful. Thank you for the link; it made me smile. I love guitar and Christmas music.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Example of Kris Allen Twit Wit:

KrisAllen

Watching 20 sexiest videos on fuse and still looking for mine. Almost to #1 (fingers crossed). about 14 hours ago from Echofon
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

For those of you that follow Kris…

As of this morning his single is at #27 on The Top 40 charts. Still showing really good positive momentum. Even better news for Kris is that there are 13 songs ahead of him showing some pretty big negatives. It is certainly possible that Kris will hit the Top 10 in the next few weeks, once all the Christmas music is gone & things get back to normal.

Over on the HotAC Charts the story is much the same. Kris is now at #12 & 7 songs ahead of him are headed down. Top 10 is a near certainty & Top 5 is not out of the question.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Great news for Kris! Thanks razor.

FORT Fogey

It's a Christmas Miracle!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.) Looks like the single will still be alive when he starts the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3777320;
    It's a Christmas Miracle!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.) Looks like the single will still be alive when he starts the tour.
    What Tour? Have you seen dates & if so, please put them here. Gracias.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3777344;
    What Tour? Have you seen dates & if so, please put them here. Gracias.
    Nothing official, yet - but on December 18 Jim Cantiello of MTV News interviewed Kris backstage at Madison Square Garden, and Kris let it slip that a tour is planned beginning in February and ending in September. So, not much detail, but I would say this info comes from a credible source!

Oh, and the rest of the interview is pretty good; full of the usual Cantiello / Allen nonsense.

Beyond ‘American Idol’ - BostonHerald.com

Beyond ‘American Idol’
    Winner Kris Allen rings in new year on Fox special
    By Bill Burke

As the seconds ticked down on New Year’s Eve 2008, Kris Allen was hosting a party at which someone’s pants caught fire.
    Any blowout involving scorched trousers is a memorable one, but the reigning “American Idol” winner has upped the ante with his plans this year.
    Allen and fellow “Idol” finalist Allison Iraheta are among the performers singing live from the Las Vegas Strip as part of “Billboard’s New Year’s Eve Live” (Thursday at 11 p.m. on WFXT, Ch. 25).

Host Carmen Electra will be joined by Eva Longoria Parker and Kim Kardashian, among others, during the 90-minute broadcast.
    It’ll be the first time Allen has visited Sin City, and despite his musical background, it’ll be the first time he’s ever performed on New Year’s Eve. It’s certainly a step up from the gathering on the roof deck of his house, where last year’s flammable soiree took place. Given the legendary reputation of Vegas as the party capital of the planet, the 24-year-old musician holds high expectations.

“I’m excited about it,” Allen said during a recent conference call with reporters. “I’ve never actually been to Vegas. This is going to be fun for me. I heard it’ll be the best time I’ll ever have.”

His New Year’s Eve plans traditionally have been more quiet. “I usually go to my mom’s house, and she always makes cabbage and black-eyed peas or something like that,” Allen said. “She always makes those things for some reason. It’s supposed to be good luck for the rest of the year.”
    Does the Arkansas nice guy fear he’ll be out of his element?

“We’ll see what happens. I’m going to have a good time, I can promise you that, and it doesn’t matter where I’m at. I’m going to have a good time.”
    The married musician knocked around his hometown of Conway, Ark., before running the season eight “Idol” gantlet, eventually besting outrageous third rail Adam Lambert.

Last month, Lambert ruffled feathers with his performance on the “American Music Awards” broadcast when he kissed a male keyboardist, grinded a dancer’s head against his crotch and grabbed the unmentionables of another. The fallout included canceled performances and criticism from conservative groups, but Allen doesn’t think the controversy will derail his one-time competitor’s career.

“Anybody that knows him is not surprised at all,” he said. “(And) obviously, it hasn’t hurt him.”

Allen has been busy post-“Idol.” There have been countless performances, press conferences and the release of his debut album on 19 Recordings/Jive Records.
    “I feel like I’ve started to really learn a lot of stuff,” he said. “When you go through all this, I feel like I’ve started to learn exactly who I want to be as an artist and all of that. It (‘American Idol’) has opened more doors to new music for me. I’ve been listening to new stuff that I wasn’t listening to back then.”

To term it a whirlwind seven months later might be an understatement, but the more pressing issues demanding Allen’s attention include choosing a set list for his New Year’s Eve performance and deciding how to spend 2010.

“For me, it’s just work harder on music stuff, just writing and performing and all that,” he said. “That’s my resolution.”

FORT Fogey

Here's some fresh Kris for the holiday. Last night Kris and band performed in Las Vegas at BB Kings Blues Club. MJ has video. Most notable - the first live performance of Red Guitar, and an encore of Ain't No Sunshine improvised with Kris alone on acoustic guitar. Enjoy, and Happy New Year! (Don't forget Kris is TV tonight on Billboard's Live - check local listings.)

+ Reply to Thread