+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Wow. Has that happened with other Idols before?
    I'd think that they'd want to do their best to give him a lot of support and a good song to record.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

EW has a video up with about 20 secs of the song.
    It sounds good. I'm glad for him.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't think I am going to like that song from the clip.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Kris debuted the song this morning. I think he has a hit on his hands. Listen here:

Elvis Duran & The Z100 Morning Show :: Weekdays 6a - 10a

Thank you razorbacker for bringing over the link to the radio show. Besides the song itself, there are lyrics and in the upper right hand corner a link to the interview. I had never heard of the group who originated the song, so it was new to me. Kris is riding his success with the Kanye cover in that he sort of raps a bit, but the message is strong and the music interesting; though he didn't play as he hadn't had time to really do intensive studio work yet. It is a very radio friendly song and should do well.

I don't know, it's a blah song that sounds similar to half a dozen songs out there right now and, obscure or not, it's a cover. The Script actually released this song in EP format so it's not just a song they wrote but one they recorded as well and it's apparently still available on some overseas iTunes. I'm not even going to comment on the preachy, overwrought lyrics. This might end up being a hit because plenty of crap ends up being a hit but it's a painfully mediocre, underwhelming debut from Kris.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I freakin love it. The critics will most likely slam it, and he probably won't win any awards (tho I think most people/songs/movies, etc that win awards of any kind suck rotten eggs anyway) but I think he'll make a few bucks.

And kudos to Kris for not screwing up the lyrics!!

Kris's latest song, didn't think it was that good. Not a hit to my ears. Think he'll get played on AC radio stations, mainstream...........maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3712791;
    Kris's latest song, didn't think it was that good. Not a hit to my ears. Think he'll get played on AC radio stations, mainstream...........maybe.
    There's even a hilarious Youtube video floating out there that superimposed Kris' version over The Script's version and you can't tell ANY difference between the two. They're identical to the last note. Good karaoke though!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread