+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 80 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3666189;
    The LA Times published the first part of what will be a four part interview with Kris, The Ultimate Interview. If you haven't seen the previous installments (the Adam Lambert interview starts here) - these are in-depth biographical interviews that let the Idols tell their life and career journeys. Expect the rest of the Kris story to come out over the next week or so.

A few interesting facts:
    • Kris did NOT grow up in Conway, AR. He moved there during college. He spent most of his life in Jacksonville AR, and went to high school in Little Rock.
    • In high school he studied and played mostly classical music.
    • He is self taught on the guitar and piano.
    • He met Katy in elementary school.
    Thanks so much for posting that. It was a great read.

News on Kris’ first single.

Kris Allen's First Single Is Called 'Live Like We're Dying'

Kris Allen's First Single Is Called 'Live Like We're Dying'

On a Twitter party, Kris Allen confirms that he has a new single called 'Live Like We're Dying'

For about 1 hour, Kris Allen answered fans' questions on Twitter. Among those being addressed by him were his new album and its lead single. He wrote yes when quizzed whether the song is titled "Live Like We're Dying".

Kris stated there is "no date yet" for the song, but the winner of "American Idol" season 8 said he has his rhymes "fresh to def." When asked about the release date of his debut album, he once again confirmed that it will come out in U.S. on November 17.

Previously, Kris Allen tweeted about having songwriting session with The Calling's vocalist, Alex Band. He is also said to work with The Fray's guitarist Joe King and acclaimed producers Salaam Remi (Nas, Amy Winehouse) and Claude Kelly (Leona Lewis, Akon).

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3701476;
    I hope the song is better than the title. Sounds like one of the schmaltzy songs the F2 have to sing.

FORT Fan

Tim McGraw's already mined that territory.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3701476;
    Is this a remake of Tim McGraw's song? Are you telling me they couldn't find something original for him to sing as his first single?

I doubt it's a remake because Tim McGraw's song is "Live Like You Were Dying".

I sure hope there aren't any remakes...but we'll see.

A snippet of Kris' song is already up on Youtube. The good news is that it's not a rip off of a Tim McGraw song. The bad news is that it's a cover of a blandly annoying whiny song by The Script.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3704128;
    A snippet of Kris' song is already up on Youtube. The good news is that it's not a rip off of a Tim McGraw song. The bad news is that it's a cover of a blandly annoying whiny song by The Script.
    I don't know The Script's song, but I like the little I just heard by Kris.

Too bad it's a cover....but at least I've never heard the original before. At least I don't think I have.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3704156;
    I don't know The Script's song, but I like the little I just heard by Kris.

Too bad it's a cover....but at least I've never heard the original before. At least I don't think I have.
    They're a band from Ireland and the only reason I even know of them is because I'm a Palladia Channel whore, lol, and they had a thing about them once. Their best known song is "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" which is better than the one Kris is covering but in the same syrupy, Coldplay-lite vein.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

So let me get this straight, the WINNER of American Idol's first single is a cover song??? Something that has already been done!?!?!? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, that's great, love it!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

+ Reply to Thread