+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

A reminder, since a poster recently asked:

Yes, everyone here can say what they like about any contestant on any reality show, good or bad. We're not a fan site, there will always be positive and negative comments. Attacking other posters for their opinions is absolutely not allowed, however. You don't have to agree with them, but everyone here is allowed to express their opinion about contestants.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Regular

David Cook gave a shout out to Kris at a recent concert. He and Daughtry were both vocal supporters of his throughout the competition. Nice to hear SOME people in the public media are giving credit where it is due!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3487487;
    What words did he mess up..? The words were just fine. Was it the most spectacular version of the National Anthem with amazing notes hit. Nope. But that's not the type of singer Kris is...

The point is he sang it on key something that a lot of other singers today couldn't do anyways. Nobody who voted for Kris voted for him, because we thought he'd win the throat Olympics. IN the end he'll be judged based on the type of music he makes. It's not his fault that Adam lost, and he doesn't deserved to be booed.
    Why does the show keep torturing it's winners by making them sing at these things? Seems to me even Cook got booed last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bell;3488024;
    national anthem just keep it simple so us regular folks who sing along are on the same page. its like i'm done singing the anthem and theres still like about 3 or 4 more lines left when certain singers sing it.

and i think kris did a good job at it. simple and good.
    I agree, it's better when singers do the Star-Spangled Banner pretty much the way it was written, not overly stylized and without changing the tune. Kris was a little pitchy in a couple places, the key was a little too low for him (he was barely audible on the low notes), and I could have done without such a long extension of the word "freeeeeeee," but he sounded pretty good to me.

I don't know where anyone got the idea he messed up the words, unless maybe they thought he actually sang "fray" instead of "free" in the last line.

Kris Allen 'can't wait to get started' on new album

Just announced: 19 Recordings has signed Kris Allen, and his recordings have been licensed to Jive Records, which means he'll be under the guidance of Idol guru Simon Fuller.

Kris says in the release that everyone's been asking him what his debut album is going to sound like. His answer: "It will be very similar to what you heard from me on the show -- definitely in the pop/rock genre. I can't wait to get started!" The album is slated for release in the fall.
    Link

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3488668;
    Sorry for asking this under Adam's thread, but what is the difference between and Jive, which I heard Clarkson and Cook are under? I hope that Jive isn't the same label that ran Ruben and Fantasia under the ground!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the Ricker;3488203;
    David Cook gave a shout out to Kris at a recent concert. He and Daughtry were both vocal supporters of his throughout the competition. Nice to hear SOME people in the public media are giving credit where it is due!
    I love that! I just went and google'd Chris' tweet--how cool!! And with Chris not being under the eye of the "Idol machine", he can say whatever he likes.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Take a look at this photo of Kris posing with Orlando Magic’s Dwight Howard. I think Dwight's arm is bigger than Kris!

KrisNBA.jpg (image)

I love the pictures of him with Derek Fisher and Kareem. Kris is just so tiny but it is great to see him with two of my favorite players.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

They mentioned on TVWoP that just before Kris sang he was asked which team he wanted to win and he answered. (The team with an Arkansas player on it - Since it wasn't the Penguins or the Redwings I can't remember which team it was). That's why some people booed him.

+ Reply to Thread