+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by greenearthteam;3391564;
    ITA with you! And that's why I vote for Kris and not Danny...cause I don't see myself ever buying Danny's CD. That's the great part about Idol, though, 'cause we can all have our favorites. I think both will be successful in the long run.
    Me too. I downloaded my favorite contestants from iTunes the other day but didn't really get a chance to listen to them until today. I listened to Jorge's songs and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed all of them. I really wish he had stayed in the competition over say Michael or Megan. I hope he gets a recording contract out of this. I would buy his album if it were English or Spanish (and I don't understand Spanish!). I also really enjoyed Anoop's and liked the studio version of Beat It a lot. I haven't gotten a chance to get Kris' yet though. I think that just listening to them (like you would normally anyway) makes you realize the distinctiveness of their voices more. Anoop has an interesting quality in his voice that I never noticed before. Also, Scott has a distinctive quality that I found to be VERY pleasing to listen to (is ear candy a phrase? ) that I can't describe very well but it's when he hits the low notes and it's totally dreamy and similar to Clay Aiken when he hits the low notes. Anyway, just listening rather than seeing them on TV is a whole other experience altogether.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Kris seems to be able to take a well known tune & give it an interesting spin, thereby avoiding the old Karaoke mode. I like the guy a lot & see himm getting better every week. And, I think he is one of the very very few on the show that can be easily marketable.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I guess since they sent Alexis packing, they have moved on to Kris in the "dirty it up" category.

Kris is fine the way he is, no need to add "swagger" to his personality.

I found the scruff very appealing. Song choice and vocals were good too!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I loved his performance last night.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3393637;
    Kris seems to be able to take a well known tune & give it an interesting spin, thereby avoiding the old Karaoke mode. I like the guy a lot & see himm getting better every week. And, I think he is one of the very very few on the show that can be easily marketable.
    I agree Razor. I've watched him now for 3 weeks and he is consistent and enjoyable. I like this guy a lot.

FORT Fan

I keep forgetting who Kris is, I forget his name and him. Not sure what "genre" or style singer he is...or who he is ?

I really think Jorge was much better

The judges seem to like him....I think he may appeal to the teen girls ??

FORT Fanatic

I really like this guy. They didn't show him much during Hollywood week, but he continues to impress me... kind of a Jason Mraz appeal I guess.

I think Kris is stepping it up each week! I like his interpretation of the songs he chooses and I think he's going to get a record deal out of this. Good for him! Can't wait to hear what he'll do next week!

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;3393831;
    I keep forgetting who Kris is, I forget his name and him. Not sure what "genre" or style singer he is...or who he is ?

I really think Jorge was much better

The judges seem to like him....I think he may appeal to the teen girls ??
    I totally love Jorge as well. I wish he had stayed beyond Michael and Megan but Kris has really grown on me. I loved his performance last night. It was one of the best for me.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I didn't think he performed as well last night as he did last week, however I do like him and I'm glad that most everyone else liked him last night, even though I don't agree with them, because I'd like to see him stick around a bit longer. For me the performance was kind of boring, but I think it's because I'm not as crazy about that song. I'd also like to see him lose the guitar a little more often.

+ Reply to Thread