+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3487811;
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

That's the line he erred on 2x.
    I think most people always thought it was FOR the land of the free and the home of the brave, and I suspect most sing it that way No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3487919;
    I think most people always thought it was FOR the land of the free and the home of the brave, and I suspect most sing it that way No big deal.
    No. He totally left out - the free. He put in the brave 2x - It became the land of the brave and the home of the brave. But nobody was free.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I enjoyed it and didn't notice him messing up the words. His pronunciation of the word free sounded like fray, but I blame that on his accent. He was so much better than the person that sang the national anthem at the first game.

I think he might of have been booed as he was taking pictures with some of the Magic players. which have surfaced on other boards. Trust me, that would be enough to get Lakers fans booing
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

True dat.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;3487990;
    I enjoyed it and didn't notice him messing up the words. His pronunciation of the word free sounded like fray, but I blame that on his accent. He was so much better than the person that sang the national anthem at the first game.

I think he might of have been booed as he was taking pictures with some of the Magic players. which have surfaced on other boards. Trust me, that would be enough to get Lakers fans booing
    A friend of mine who was at the game said that as soon as they got his name out he was soundly booed. I recieved a text from her while it happened. My friend has never watched AI so she was curious what the deal was,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

i'm one of the few who wants the national anthem just simple singing. i hate it when when a simple song goes like close to 4 mins because certain singers decide to belt out and elongate words "hooooooooooooooooommmmme oooooooooooooooooooooffffff ttttthhhhhhheee frfreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" etc. seriously certain songs yes...but national anthem just keep it simple so us regular folks who sing along are on the same page. its like i'm done singing the anthem and theres still like about 3 or 4 more lines left when certain singers sing it.

and i think kris did a good job at it. simple and good.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3487919;
    Do people really not know the words to our national anthem anymore? How sad.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I didn't see the live performance, but I did just watch it on youtube, & there were just a few boos during the introduction, but he got a really good round of applause after. And I listened to it multiple times & still don't see where he messed up the words.

To the Point

Kris' pronunciation of free sounded more like Fray, however, the words were correct. The only reason I even listened was because of the discussion about his messing up words found in this thread. Did I think he was going to save brave twice? Yes, because it was discussed here. However, I made myself really listen and he didn't.

[]
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 06-08-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I caught his performance on TV and did not notice the boos. I did notice that he was given polite applause before he sang and a louder applause when he ended (of course that is norm for whoever sings this tour de force.) No, he doesn't have Adam's range and started too low in order to get to the high, but it was a solid performance with the words (those southern boys and their mispronounciation of Free - teehee). He added a couple of Kris "riffs" small and all right for purists (of which I am one.) At least he got some pictures.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread