+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

I am finding it interesting to read all the discussion in the thread as I haven't be able to follow the interviews, tv shows, etc. I do think there was an Adam bias on the show, but to be totally honest I didn't mind too much as he would have been my choice to win after Kris.

Every year there seems to be some kind of drama in regards to voting and I don't think it will ever change. I am sure AT &T and Idol don't mind, as it give both of them more press and I can't imagine the voting process ever changing.

As for how I vote...it is non-stop redialing for the whole allotted time from the top 6 on this season. When Idol is on my friends know it is best not to call me as I will hang up on them and keep voting
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;3473029;
    Every year there seems to be some kind of drama in regards to voting and I don't think it will ever change. I am sure AT &T and Idol don't mind, as it give both of them more press and I can't imagine the voting process ever changing.
    I don't think it will change either JLuvs . . . and for precisely the reason you stated. When you add in the revenue AT&T picks up, I think they'd put up a battle even if AI wanted to change.

There are many messages on the AI boards that throw around the idea of ONE VOTE PER PHONE. The system as it is may be flawed, but as it is, there are flaws in any such systems. One vote per phone isn't going to fix that. I'm the only one who votes in my house, but I have access to four phones.

You just know there would be someone who stays late at the office on Tuesday nights and votes from every phone line. I could personally get in twelve votes that way.

It isn't like AI puts a cap on the number of votes for some contestants while allowing others unlimited pleasure.

The give out text numbers and phone numbers for everyone. You are free to power vote for whomever you please.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

It would make more sense to me if you could text message from any cell phone. That would make it more fair than it is to limit giving that much power to one cellular company's customers.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3474397;
    It would make more sense to me if you could text message from any cell phone. That would make it more fair than it is to limit giving that much power to one cellular company's customers.
    In all this discussion, let's not lose sight of what American Idol is all about.

Selling Coke, Fords, and AT&T phone service.

And making stalkers out of fans year in and year out.
    “Conforming is not cool,” - Adam Lambert

Which is why you went on American Idol - the biggest mainstream singerbot factory on television -right? Welcome to hypocrisy, Adam.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I always thought this way too. If I am willing to use my allotment of text messages for voting, it shouldn't matter what provider I use. My money used to go to Alltel, but after Sunday, it will go to Verizon. Perhaps it will only be a matter of time before Verizon gets bought out by AT&T and then I will be able to power vote!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I totally agree with this but since this was my last season of watching American Idol I guess it doesn't matter to me anymore.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

I've always thought that, but it's not about voting, it's about selling AT&T service. No chance I would pay to vote anyway, so even if they opened it up to any service can text, I wouldn't.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Go on over to that tube site & search the following...

American Idol Season 8 Winner Kris Allen Performance of "Yesterday" on Huckabee

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3477951;
    Go on over to that tube site & search the following...

American Idol Season 8 Winner Kris Allen Performance of "Yesterday" on Huckabee
    I don't know how you find these Razor, but I'm glad you share them with us. That was fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread