+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by greenearthteam;3471296;
    Hopefully, the statement released by AT&T & Fox at the Entertainment Weekly site will put all of this to rest. Some poor judgement by AT&T reps at a couple of voting parties...yes...but all involved said that was not impactful at all to the results.
    Of course they were going to say that. What else could they say? Yes, that was the reason Kris won, so we'll give the crown to Adam instead?

I think this is all a shame for Kris. And for Adam - he is gracious each time I see him, and probably doesn't enjoy this publicity either.

That said, I agree the voting is very flawed - and I say that each year.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan778;3471326;
    Must disagree. You cannot do 1000s of votes in a few minutes. OBVIOUSLY, its faster than phoning but it definitely takes longer than a few minutes. I would say a good texter can register 1000 in shortly under one hour.

And yes I do pay fees - $40 a month for unlimited texting.
    I am going to disagree one of the articles I read mentioned people inputing almost 4000 text votes within an hour. With multi send text which At&T taught those at the Kris parties you are able to send 10 text messages in one message by setting up a contact group on those free phones AT&T provided meanig a heck of alot of free votes going out. If you did that on your own phone you are going to pay alot of money to do so.

I hope this makes Idol look even more foolish than it already does.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan778;3471326;
    Must disagree. You cannot do 1000s of votes in a few minutes. OBVIOUSLY, its faster than phoning but it definitely takes longer than a few minutes. I would say a good texter can register 1000 in shortly under one hour.

And yes I do pay fees - $40 a month for unlimited texting.
    Resending the same vote text, I can vote 500 times in about 15 minutes. It's 2 key strokes to resend a text. If I used power texting, I could increase that by at least a factor of 10, limited only my how many alias addresses I chose to spend the time setting up.

If the reports of ~ 80 phones were brought to those events, I figure each phone could have produced 20,000 votes per hour x 4 hours x 80 phones = 6.4 million votes.

The only way I would be convinced by the current spin control being promulgated by Fox and AT&T would be if they (1) identified each contestant's vote total and (2) identified the number of "disqualified votes" for each contestant. Without that level of transparency, supposition will continue to exist that the system had been gamed.

Quote Originally Posted by sfhondapilot;3471555;
    Resending the same vote text, I can vote 500 times in about 15 minutes. It's 2 key strokes to resend a text. If I used power texting, I could increase that by at least a factor of 10, limited only my how many alias addresses I chose to spend the time setting up.

If the reports of ~ 80 phones were brought to those events, I figure each phone could have produced 20,000 votes per hour x 4 hours x 80 phones = 6.4 million votes.

The only way I would be convinced by the current spin control being promulgated by Fox and AT&T would be if they (1) identified each contestant's vote total and (2) identified the number of "disqualified votes" for each contestant. Without that level of transparency, supposition will continue to exist that the system had been gamed.
    So you're saying you think that could have influenced the winning number of votes?
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3471558;
    So you're saying you think that could have influenced the winning number of votes?
    Who really knows. Without full transparency from AI and their third party vote tallying company, we will never really know, but I feel that this lack of transparency simply serves to make the fan base less avid.

I suspect AT&T will be firing a few people and AI / 19 Entertainment might be concerned about diminution of the value of their IP (intellectual property).

please not from Idols on website on voting rules: I know for a fact both of these have been violated for years. Not to mention gzmo gives and addl 3 hours of voting once the voting is closed on the east coast
    Who can vote?

Anyone calling or any AT&T Mobility subscriber who has the ability to text message from within the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands can cast their vote for the next American Idol.
    What's being done about power dialing?

A weekly monitoring procedure will be in place to prevent individuals from unfairly influencing the outcome of the voting by generating significant blocks of votes using technical enhancements. The producers reserve the right to remove any identified 'power dialing' votes. Note that this applies to both toll-free and Text Messaging votes.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 05-27-2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfhondapilot;3471555;

You are ASSUMING that those people would have done nothing but vote, vote, vote for four straight hours. No taking time to chat with each other, no taking time to snack, no taking time for a drink, no taking time to pee, etc....... Makes me wonder if they would even be allowed to blink!

And who is to say that they ALL voted for Kris. Perhaps there were a few Adam fans who snuck into the house.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I really don't care whether there is a limit on how many votes per phone, etc. I may or may not vote for my favorite, while some will vote repeatedly - it's all a wash, basically. I will buy the music I enjoy listening to, and I think that this year's itunes downloads are a strong indicator that the voting was legitimate - the top two definitely rule there - and I doubt that the last night of voting was suddenly off-base.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3471621;
    You are ASSUMING that those people would have done nothing but vote, vote, vote for four straight hours. No taking time to chat with each other, no taking time to snack, no taking time for a drink, no taking time to pee, etc....... Makes me wonder if they would even be allowed to blink!

And who is to say that they ALL voted for Kris. Perhaps there were a few Adam fans who snuck into the house.
    either way power voting is against the rules and use of Gizmo allows someone on the east coast 7 hours of voting time. A friend who likes Kris Allen stated that Gizmo is a suggested way to vote on some of the Kris Allen & Adam sites it doesn't make it right either way. AT&T and Idol had better get to the bottom of this quickly or lose alot of voters because people really don't trust them and the voting process.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3471633;
    either way power voting is against the rules and use of Gizmo allows someone on the east coast 7 hours of voting time. A friend who likes Kris Allen stated that Gizmo is a suggested way to vote on some of the Kris Allen & Adam sites it doesn't make it right either way. AT&T and Idol had better get to the bottom of this quickly or lose alot of voters because people really don't trust them and the voting process.
    I posted this on another thread, but Adam thinks is a bunch of nonsense. He could care less, thinks it had nothing to do with the overall vote, and is completely happy with the career path that Idol has paved for him, so his fans shouldn't be upset. The show will not change their ways, or reveal the countdown of votes, because they contine to be ranked #1 every year. The money they make from their deals with itunes and AT&T not to mention all of the fans getting their undies in a bunch over nothing just puts more money into their pockets.

+ Reply to Thread