+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by the Ricker;3470188;
    I am asuming by your picture that your a David Cook fan. He may not have won last year if the voting was done the way you are suggesting. I also think that takes away from the American in American Idol because you immediately give an unfair advantage to people who are wealthy. Granted, the charitable donation aspect is appealing, but I just don't hink that way would work. Beside the "machine" would never go for it. They get too much ego from announcing the number of votes every week.
    Well, to be completely fair, you'd give 1 person 1 vote (unless you live in Chicago, and then it's up for grabs...). If it's more than that, you're going to skew the votes to either, a. people who have more than 1 phone line, b. people who have unilimited texting, c. people who can afford/understand high tech gadgets that increase votes cast, and/or, d. people who have lots of time on their hands. Oh, there's also e. obsessive compulsives (thanks, TCDC), and f. all of the above. Whew. Did I miss anyone? Anyway, the voting stinks, regardless of who won (this year or last).

And I cast all my votes to the bolded line! Ryan just puffs out ever time he gets to announce the number of votes from the night before. Ugh....
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-27-2009 at 09:08 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3470288;
    Simon didn't seem to mind Carrie Underwood being country.

And Simon's quick exit may have been to try to outrun his bookie
    Simon said back when Carrie was a contestant that he didn't like country, and I've heard him say so since.

FORT Fanatic

Simon apparently didn't talk to Adam either, so it wasn't a snub.

FORT Fanatic

maybe simon high-tailed out of there because he had to make a cross-country-atlantic flight out back to england....for the Britain's Got Talent and whatever else show he has. it has been well documented that he travels between LA and to London...so maybe thats where he went...or had some "business" to attend to. he is a business man after all.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3469381;
    I'm, quite frankly, saddened at the way Kris has been treated. These guys are not co winners & should not be marketed as such. But, I had no doubts whatsoever that this is what was going to happen. Kris was disrespected gate to wire & he still is. It's shameful.
    I remember a lot of this kind of commentary when Taylor won and people felt Kat was being treated as a co-winner with Taylor. Last year it seems that DC and DA were everywhere together for a while. I think it's really the usual - it just seems to hit home more when it's one's favorite that won and isn't getting the full spotlight.

Not directing this at you razorbacker - I just happened to read your post as I was putting my thoughts together.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3470372;
    Simon apparently didn't talk to Adam either, so it wasn't a snub.
    I don't know that I would characterize it as a snub - but I definitely think he was pissed. Otherwise, why not at least congratulate the winner? America didn't agree with his choice, so he took his ball and went home.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3470367;
    Simon said back when Carrie was a contestant that he didn't like country, and I've heard him say so since.
    Simon gets a puckered face every year during Country week. He didn't like Kris, he doesn't like Country, he DID like Gokey & he did pimp Fantasia. I know everyone wants to hear what he says everyweek, but I'm beginning to wonder if he has any idea anymore what sells & what is commercial. Il Divo anyone?

Some media types with need to Write Something, are out there right now trying hard to stir up fake controversy about "power texting" and conspiracy theories about why the votes went this way or that way. It's ridiculous. If ANYTHING works on this show, its the voting. All season long, the person deserving the boot, got it. Can't say that about the judging, or the producing.

FORT Regular

Think the media isn't biased? Look at Yahoo's front news page with a terrible picture of Kris saying that the voting was fixed and AT&T is responsible. This kid can't catch a friggin' break. I so hope people buy his stuff and he can ditch the AI machine soon. Calling Jamie Fox ASAP!!!

During the show the judges bias towards Adam certainly had a role in the way things played out. Now, we are getting story after story about vote rigging, & Adam being the true star. This media bias seems to be turning more & more people against Adam. It's unfortunate for both of these guys, but it is what it is & I think Kris is going to benefit from all of it career wise despite the medias attempt to bury him.

+ Reply to Thread