+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by the Ricker;3469415;
    I agree. And am also genuinely sickened by the anger from Adam fans and they way they have taken it out on Kris. He won by a landslide and not because of prejudice, but because he had an overall bigger listening music appeal. Whew! I feel better now...
    I'm an Adam fan, but I've also liked Kris. Never any disrespect for him, and actually wish him huge success. Adam has an incredibly bright future ahead of him, and even though he didn't win the Idol crown, he still won, because of the weeks of PR and face time he got on AI. This gave America a chance to really see his talents.

I think Kris is talented as well, and I'm happy for him. He's so unassuming, though, that he's going to need the big PR push from AI to get him started. That, unfortunately, is the name of the game in this business. I really wish him well, and hope that this win gives him what he needs to showcase his musical artistry. He's really that good, but I have to agree with Simon that Kris needs to believe in himself more.

I also want to point out that those nearly 100 million votes DON'T EQUATE to number of voters. Let's be clear. It's not number of people voting, it's number of votes cast. How are they cast? Hmmmm....tons of calling, more of texting, and then even more using gadgets and gizmos that will assure hundreds if not thousands of votes (I may have gotten carried away here, but I know this high tech stuff is more potent than my redial button ) So, that's my beef with this "contest". It's a high-tech, rock-em, sock-em, robot-gizmo match.

I like how Dancing With The Stars does it - you get a certain amount of votes allowed per phone line. Here's a twist, if you want to go over, say 10 votes per line, then you have to pay for that privilege, and that $$ goes to AIs favorite charity. They can have a Feed the Children drive throughout the season. How's that for equity, with

Oh, and so we don't confuse the voters, they have to dial another number, after their allotted 10 votes, in order to vote more, and pay for each vote. That way no one can shout "foul" after a heavy night of voting.
    Last edited by LuvThisStuf!; 05-26-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by porky pig;3467081;
    I came across these articles and I wanted to share it to you guys. not sure if it was posted here already.

No wonder Kris and Adam are such great people, their moms raised them good! Kris and Adam and their respective family's great friends now, I sure wish their fans will be the same way

Kris Allen's Mom's Interview at Mom Logic

Adam Lambert's Mom's Interview at Mom Logic
    Thanks for posting those articles. It's easy to see where both Kris & Adam get their laid-back friendship from.

My kids are now totally addicted to Kris's "Falling Slowly".
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Regis asked Kris what Simon said to him after the show and Kris said, "nothing" - that Simon booked immediately afterward. Simon might have a mindset that Kris is a country hick (a type Simon despises) especially since Kris dueted with a country star. That and the AR drawl seem to push him into the country mold, but it's beginning to come out that he has traveled to different countries and by extension has experienced different cultures. I really think he could have a Paul Simon type career if he puts his mind to it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3469667;
    I'm an Adam fan, but I've also liked Kris. Never any disrespect for him, and actually wish him huge success. Adam has an incredibly bright future ahead of him, and even though he didn't win the Idol crown, he still won, because of the weeks of PR and face time he got on AI. This gave America a chance to really see his talents.

I think Kris is talented as well, and I'm happy for him. He's so unassuming, though, that he's going to need the big PR push from AI to get him started. That, unfortunately, is the name of the game in this business. I really wish him well, and hope that this win gives him what he needs to showcase his musical artistry. He's really that good, but I have to agree with Simon that Kris needs to believe in himself more.

I also want to point out that those nearly 100 million votes DON'T EQUATE to number of voters. Let's be clear. It's not number of people voting, it's number of votes cast. How are they cast? Hmmmm....tons of calling, more of texting, and then even more using gadgets and gizmos that will assure hundreds if not thousands of votes (I may have gotten carried away here, but I know this high tech stuff is more potent than my redial button ) So, that's my beef with this "contest". It's a high-tech, rock-em, sock-em, robot-gizmo match.

I like how Dancing With The Stars does it - you get a certain amount of votes allowed per phone line. Here's a twist, if you want to go over, say 10 votes per line, then you have to pay for that privilege, and that $$ goes to AIs favorite charity. They can have a Feed the Children drive throughout the season. How's that for equity, with

Oh, and so we don't confuse the voters, they have to dial another number, after their allotted 10 votes, in order to vote more, and pay for each vote. That way no one can shout "foul" after a heavy night of voting.
    I am asuming by your picture that your a David Cook fan. He may not have won last year if the voting was done the way you are suggesting. I also think that takes away from the American in American Idol because you immediately give an unfair advantage to people who are wealthy. Granted, the charitable donation aspect is appealing, but I just don't hink that way would work. Beside the "machine" would never go for it. They get too much ego from announcing the number of votes every week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by the Ricker;3470188;
    I am asuming by your picture that your a David Cook fan. He may not have won last year if the voting was done the way you are suggesting. I also think that takes away from the American in American Idol because you immediately give an unfair advantage to people who are wealthy. Granted, the charitable donation aspect is appealing, but I just don't hink that way would work. Beside the "machine" would never go for it. They get too much ego from announcing the number of votes every week.

Well,the system does unfairly advantage people who seem to have too much time on their hands.

I agree that the voting system is ridiculous, which is why I don't put much stock in the voting results. I like to watch all of the performances and judge whom I think is best. I often like several contestants, which is the case with Adam and Kris. Then I just listen to the music they put out.....if I like it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3470269;
    Well,the system does unfairly advantage people who seem to have too much time on their hands.

I agree that the voting system is ridiculous, which is why I don't put much stock in the voting results. I like to watch all of the performances and judge whom I think is best. I often like several contestants, which is the case with Adam and Kris. Then I just listen to the music they put out.....if I like it.
    And I wholeheartedly admit that after the kids go to bed, I enjoy escaping to the fantasy world of reality tv. I'll bet alot of Cougars went out and busted out the phone lines to vote for Kris. I would be relieved if they only allowed a certain number of votes so I could actually get some sleep after the show instead of voting like an obesssed geek. The finale with 4 hours was a rough one, but hey, you gotta approach life with gusto, and if you find a cause to fight for, and it's free, well I guess ya gotta go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3469840;
    Regis asked Kris what Simon said to him after the show and Kris said, "nothing" - that Simon booked immediately afterward. Simon might have a mindset that Kris is a country hick (a type Simon despises) especially since Kris dueted with a country star.
    Simon didn't seem to mind Carrie Underwood being country.

And Simon's quick exit may have been to try to outrun his bookie

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3470288;

Guess I was taking the country hate thing from other posters' opinions and not my observations....woe is me.

Simon doing a lift-knee sprint to the back door and a dive into his limo. Good One!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3470288;

I think Simon has been pretty open to country and Southern singers. He backed Carrie and also seemed to like Bo and Reuben. At any rate, Kris only has a slight Southern accent. If anything, Simon has been more dismissive toward gay men than he has toward southerners.

And Simon never actually predicted Adam would win. He said he wanted Adam to win and felt he deserved it.....but stopped short of a prediction. Back when it was thought Danny would be in the F2, Simon said he thought Danny would probably have the edge.

I saw every indication that they expected Adam to lose. The Queen duet was a giveaway.......we are the champions. Simon wanted an Adam win, but that does not mean he expected it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3470269;
    Well,the system does unfairly advantage people who seem to have too much time on their hands..
    Guilty, I guess.

It also favors obsessive personalities. So I'm told.

+ Reply to Thread