+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Thanks for posting about Kris' songs pre-idol. I hadn't heard of them before now. I just listened to Beautiful Moon. I really liked it. I am totally looking forward to his first album release.

FORT Fanatic

I was watching Ellen yesterday and there was a clip of him singing Heartless in one of the promo's.... so was that not
    what he does on Ellen today? I was looking forward to it!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Kris made an appearance on both Ellen and on Regis & Kelly. Both shows were broadcast today.

Unfortunately, the shows were timed so that he was singing at the same time on each network.

Bummer! Thought I could watch one and then flip to the other and catch him again.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3468919;
    On the momlogic interview, his mom mentioned his music became more intense after his mission to Spain. Now I read he was on a mission to Thailand. How many missions has he been on? And now my curiosity is peaked as to the religious denomination that sponsors missions in Spain and Thailand. Not important in the scheme of things, but my interest is slightly aroused.
    I read (or watched) an interview that he went to I think 13 missions already. not sure though.

FORT Fogey

So, do people on this site feel that TPTB are bussing Kris even after he won? Because some on another site I visit are way into conspiracy theories, and they seem to think so.

I am not paranoid about these things. And I am an Adam fan, so I like the idea of them being marketed as co-winners. They are such different artists and it seems both could do very well in different niches.

But something really odd happened today on a local radio station. I was walking into a store where they play it over the sound system, and I heard the DJ say "I wonder if the new American Idol will be as successful as Daughtry, who didn't even make the Top 3?" Then she played What About Love.

Now, I have no idea whether or not she had just finished playing No Boundaries by Kris, which might explain why she brought him up. This is the soft rock/pop station, and Kris is their type of artist. They played Taylor's DIMYP often in the year after he won. The other rock station was all about Adam this season, so I imagine they will be playing his stuff while the pop station will play Kris.

Anyway, I just thought it was a really weird thing to say. It sort of made me angry for Kris, since she almost seemed to be insinuating that just because he won doesn't mean he'll do as well as, say, Adam. Why would she do that?

Any thoughts, or am I just reading too much into it?

I'm, quite frankly, saddened at the way Kris has been treated. These guys are not co winners & should not be marketed as such. But, I had no doubts whatsoever that this is what was going to happen. Kris was disrespected gate to wire & he still is. It's shameful.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3469381;
    I'm, quite frankly, saddened at the way Kris has been treated. These guys are not co winners & should not be marketed as such. But, I had no doubts whatsoever that this is what was going to happen. Kris was disrespected gate to wire & he still is. It's shameful.
    I agree. Apparently Cowell was on Seacrest's radio show still saying America got it wrong and compared Kris to a cuddly puppy. Even Ellen, who I think is great was "kind" in her interview with Kris but it was so obvious she wanted Adam to win and thought he should have. Wish someone could get it through the judges and Seacrest's heads that there shoving Adam down our throats is one reason Kris won, and they stop that next year so America can actually decide who it prefers. I hope Kris' supporters flock to the stores and buy whatever he puts out there so the bloggers and DJs and other people in the business can be proved wrong. Would love to see that...And am also genuinely sickened by the anger from Adam fans and they way they have taken it out on Kris. He won by a landslide and not because of prejudice, but because he had an overall bigger listening music appeal. Whew! I feel better now...

Quote Originally Posted by the Ricker;3469415;
    I agree. Apparently Cowell was on Seacrest's radio show still saying America got it wrong and compared Kris to a cuddly puppy. Even Ellen, who I think is great was "kind" in her interview with Kris but it was so obvious she wanted Adam to win and thought he should have. Wish someone could get it through the judges and Seacrest's heads that there shoving Adam down our throats is one reason Kris won, and they stop that next year so America can actually decide who it prefers. I hope Kris' supporters flock to the stores and buy whatever he puts out there so the bloggers and DJs and other people in the business can be proved wrong. Would love to see that...And am also genuinely sickened by the anger from Adam fans and they way they have taken it out on Kris. He won by a landslide and not because of prejudice, but because he had an overall bigger listening music appeal. Whew! I feel better now...
    Well frankly if Kris won because people are angry that the judges happened to like Adam is that really a win or more like an I show you to the judges. I would think if Kris won because he had the best performances all season and the best voice then he could claim victory, He doesn't. I call it a vote against the judges more than a vote for Kris.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by the Ricker;3469415;

Wow! As the one who originally posted the above observation, I am surprised by this response!

I am an Adam fan and I am not angry at Kris at all. He did his best and ended up winning, so good for him. As far as I can tell these guys are friends and wish the best for each other.

My point, really, is that I don't see why Idol should see it as a zero sum game. They have the talented, adorable underdog who ended up winning and who appears to be selling well.....good news. Then they have the guy who is incredibly talented and hugely popular but, for whatever reason, came in second in votes at F2. Still, he is is a great singer and artist and appears to be selling well.....so it's good news. It's all good news.

I would like to point out that there is no hard evidence that Kris won by a "landslide". They have CPAs handling the votes and the results are closely guarded. No matter what Billy Bush said, I am no more inclined to believe him than I am to believe the rumor about 38 million votes from AK. No one really knows what happened.

And even if Kris won by 12 million votes, so what? Flamboyant, obviously gay Adam still got over 40 million. People in the industry are buzzing about him and he has legions of fans, here and around the world. I honestly don't care who got more votes on Finale night. To me, Adam is still far and away the greatest talent of the season. I would pay oodles of money to see him in concert. I also look forward to hearing Kris' music on the radio, because I'm sure I'll really like it.

I hate to see Kris being disrespected, too. But hey, he won. He is being promoted as the winner just like every other winner. He's a big boy. I think what TPTB and the media are doing now is reminding people that just because Adam didn't win doesn't mean he isn't awesome. He is still awesome. And hey, beating someone as awesome as Adam makes Kris seem even better. So again, it's all good. What they want....and what I want....is for both of these guys to have great careers.

Cheers.

I was really worried when Kris won that Simon would give him a hard time and he'd get the disrespect that Taylor did. I'm also worried that they haven't got a clue what Kris is about. They seem to think he's a 'crooner'. I really really hope that they have enough smarts to give Kris the leeway to do what he does best. I think they're learning so hopefully they will.

There are so many Kris/Adam fans and Adam/Kris fans that will likely buy both CDs - as long as TPTB don't screw it up.

Kim

+ Reply to Thread