+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

As with any season, who wins and loses is determined by a number of different factors that come together, and certainly the judges relentless pimping of Adam didn't help - having assumed that their man had it in the bag, perhaps the Adam fancrowd got a bit lazy while the Kris crowd got fired up.

But that's only one of two factors that could have played a part.

For my part, im pleased that Kris ended up with the win.

Kris' commercial for Disney World.

Idol Winner Kris Allen is Going to Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3464990;
    The fans of both sides are having a far rougher time with this than those guys are.

Kris will be fine, he has the AI machine behind him and will greatly benefit from it. Adam will be fine. He has a ton of groups/singers/etc in awe of him and should do great.

Congrats to Kris, it was very nice to see two considerate, nice guys at the end who were both talented out the wazoo!
    I agree with all of this above. Well stated!

Re Larry King Show with Ryan Seacrest as substitute host...I was slightly horrified to watch Paula try to stumble her way out of her documented Adam worship while sitting in the judging chair. Like everyone else, she pinned the two together as in..."these two will have great careers." This while sitting next to Kris...she seemed to be damning him with faint praise.

I'm beginning to think they invented the winner's cheesy trophy for Kris so that he will have something tangible to hold onto during the pundits nudging of Adam into the winner's circle. Something that says, "Hey, I did win this and everything it entails...no matter how "the machine" downgrades me." So far the post show has been all about Adam (and no, Adam fans, that is not how it should be.) Kris has had to demonstrate his inclusive philosophy and distance himself from religion in order to tame the piranhas. Adam hasn't had to do either - state a philosophy or turn his back on a belief.

Sorry...didn't mean to go on so long, but I've just hated to see Kris plopped in a corner during "his" time to shine. The best interview, so far...one all about Kris was the Jay Leno. Jay played "parent" in Kris' personal life and more of his personality was revealed. He's a sharp guy (even with two hours sleep) who gets a joke.

The Larry King interview with Ryan hosting continues on Monday - Paula has left the set and the remaining Ten have crowded in.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3465210;
    Re Larry King Show with Ryan Seacrest as substitute host...I was slightly horrified to watch Paula try to stumble her way out of her documented Adam worship while sitting in the judging chair. Like everyone else, she pinned the two together as in..."these two will have great careers." This while sitting next to Kris...she seemed to be damning him with faint praise.

I'm beginning to think they invented the winner's cheesy trophy for Kris so that he will have something tangible to hold onto during the pundits nudging of Adam into the winner's circle. Something that says, "Hey, I did win this and everything it entails...no matter how "the machine" downgrades me." So far the post show has been all about Adam (and no, Adam fans, that is not how it should be.) Kris has had to demonstrate his inclusive philosophy and distance himself from religion in order to tame the piranhas. Adam hasn't had to do either - state a philosophy or turn his back on a belief.

Sorry...didn't mean to go on so long, but I've just hated to see Kris plopped in a corner during "his" time to shine. The best interview, so far...one all about Kris was the Jay Leno. Jay played "parent" in Kris' personal life and more of his personality was revealed. He's a sharp guy (even with two hours sleep) who gets a joke.

The Larry King interview with Ryan hosting continues on Monday - Paula has left the set and the remaining Ten have crowded in.
    All previous winners were given one of those trophys earlier this year when they were all on hand to open the Idol Experience attraction at Walt Disney World.

It really is to bad that, as you say, Kris seems to have been shoved into a corner so that Adam could be praised over & over.

The best interview, so far...one all about Kris was the Jay Leno. Jay played "parent" in Kris' personal life and more of his personality was revealed. He's a sharp guy (even with two hours sleep) who gets a joke.
    I would have liked him even more during the season if I had seen an interview like this one with Jay Leno! It was terrific.

It reminded me of the intro for David Cook when he confessed to being a word nerd

Such interviews made them seem more real to me. (not that they weren't real but perhaps someone I would hang out with)
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 05-24-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Pundits, writers, entertainment critics, artists and music industry insiders are people too. Not only that, they're people with opinions; it's their job to say what they mean, unlike news media people who are largely in the flatter-and-go-with-the-party-line business. Overwhelmingly, they have voiced that opinion and it's that Kris is the fly on Adam's wall. Tough, but that's part and parcel of what he's getting now for winning the vote race.

As for what Kris has had to demonstrate or distance himself from in order to win... well, too bad that he felt he had to do that. It speaks to how even he must have perceived his own core fan base and that's just sad. Kris didn't and doesn't owe anybody anything and neither does Adam.

I take that back, they both do owe us some good music in the future and that's all I care about, personally.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3465212;
    All previous winners were given one of those trophys earlier this year when they were all on hand to open the Idol Experience attraction at Walt Disney World.

It really is to bad that, as you say, Kris seems to have been shoved into a corner so that Adam could be praised over & over.
    I saw the last half of Seacrest's interview, and those poor guys looked like total zombies. Paula really bothered me this year with her condesending, patronizing attitude toward Kris. Monday's show on Seacrest/Larry King will be all Kris though!

FORT Regular

Talk about no respect, not that he has time to notice now or care, but if you "google" Kris' name, guess what 5,000 some articles are about? ADAM! How wrong America was, or how awesome Adam is and how Queen, Kiss want to perform with him. How annoying! Why aren't any news outlets picking up on the lost opportunity that AI had with Kris' real story? That he barely made the audition, wasn't going to go until his brother encouraged him, (ala David Cook) That he's devoted his life looking out for others? That he's just an all around good guy that American Idol should be proud of? I don't get it. Kris did allude that he was annoyed by the show not featuring him at all in the early coverage. Didn't even know he had to do a sing off at the mansion too, but never showed it. Just hope he proves the pundits wrong and kicks rear with his first album!

As I've said before, I like Kris Allen, think he is very talented, congratulate him on his win, and hope he has a successful career and a happy life.

I haven't seen any of the talk show appearances, but really, if Kris and Adam are appearing together and are treated as co-winners, and if the more talkative and outgoing Adam is overshadowing Kris -- I think that is wrong and unfair to Kris -- and I hope they stop doing it and let Kris have his moment in the sun alone.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 05-24-2009 at 07:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread