+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

It always makes me laugh at the people who are surprised when the nice one wins whether it be on Idol, in movies or anywhere. There are a lot of us 'nice' people out there who much preferred Kris to the others!

I just listened to a lot of Kris' songs on youtube and I will buy most on iTunes. In contrast, listened to others and I wouldn't buy them. I like the emotion in Kris' voice and that I can actually understand the words. I love how he plays the instruments too!

I find it funny that I'm not surprised that Kris won at all because according to a lot of people on this board, Adam was already expected to win. I didn't doubt Kris for a second when it came to him beating Adam. I argued for him with one of my friends against one of my teachers, it was so obvious that he would win and he rightfully deserved to. I just hope that Kris gets more confident in himself and realizes that America chose him and that he deserved to win.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

My daughter is annoyed with people saying he won because the kids voted lots (which we find odd since many kids go to bed right after the show) and that there were too many votes from Arkansas. Her point .... don't kids and people in Arkansas count as Americans?? It is American Idol...

Quote Originally Posted by waspylookin;3462204;
    People have said Heartless was the greatest clutch performance in AI history. I respectfully disagree. I think by that time, Kris was pretty established and the whole notion that he needed to pull a rabbit out of the hat at that point, is really debatable.

I would go back and nominate Man in the Mirror as absolutely THE most clutch performance in AI history. After all, Kris was fully expected to be cannon fodder and was a total surprise that this guy who'd been given no air time snuck through over some of the contestants they were promoting.

Just listened to MITM again on YouTube, it is so great, and I have always been more of a hard rock guy too.
    I may have been the first to call "Heartless" one of the great clutch performances in AI History and upon further review I stand by it for many reasons:

1. It was not a great version of MITM. It was OK, solid, but not something that's going to go down as an AI moment. It was also nothing that made him a household name and sparked conversation, was not even the best performance of the night. That week was filled with choke jobs of potential pimpees who fell flat on the big stage. Jasmine Murray, Matt Giraud, and Megan to name a few. Pimpage or not, choke jobs in the semi's are often showed the door.

2. The all time semi final clutch performer has to go to none other than Latoya London's "All By Myself". Semi-final, never mentioned, no audition or hollywood footage and we got one of the great all time performances on American Idol (I still remember almost falling out my chair turning around to see who that was when she hit that anymore note). In 1 minute and 29 seconds that performance pulled her from a total unknown to a serious contender (the only semi-final performance that did that in my memory). That's as clutch as it gets.

3. Why I said "Heartless" was one of the great clutch performances:
    a) Adam & Danny were the fan favorites with the final 2 pimpage all year
    b) judges already threw him under the bus after "Apologize" and was chomping at the bit to back that bus over him again on just about anything he did to make their prediction come true
    c) song choice was boom or bust, it was all or nothing and everybody knew it
    d) it was a boom, so much that the judges had to slam on the breaks of the bus
    e) it created buzz, it became the talk before the finale week, it created momentum
    f) that momentum carried over and you know the rest

Quote Originally Posted by walooet;3463702;
    It always makes me laugh at the people who are surprised when the nice one wins whether it be on Idol, in movies or anywhere. There are a lot of us 'nice' people out there who much preferred Kris to the others!

I just listened to a lot of Kris' songs on youtube and I will buy most on iTunes. In contrast, listened to others and I wouldn't buy them. I like the emotion in Kris' voice and that I can actually understand the words. I love how he plays the instruments too!
    so are you trying to say Adam is not nice? I don't have a problem with Kris winning if he had more talent than Adam, Kris is clearly lacking in stage presence, vocal prowess, and just outright star quality. Those are important things to me as a concertgoer. If I am going to shell out upwards of $80 or more for a concert I want to be entertained and I want to get something out of the experience other than the feeling I paid alot for nothing, Kris.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Regular

AI8 brought back so much memories that I went back to view some of Clay's performances on YouTube...still sounds as good as ever.

Just struck me as odd that the Top 3 of that season came from the same group (Group 2), and 3 of the top 4 this season also came from Group 2! Pure coincidence? Just so happens that these have been my two favourite seasons out of the whole bunch.

While I do like Adam, I have mentioned in my first post that Kris's vocals appeal more to me. Therefore I was really ecstatic when Kris won.

However, this ecstasy has been somewhat dampened by the remarks made on Kris, just as I was upset with the abuses hurled at Reuben (even tho I was a Clay fan back then), which was totally uncalled for IMO. Kris has been voted American Idol, done and dusted. If your prefererence is for Adam, support him by buying his CDs, attending his concerts, etc. Constant dissing here will achieve nothing.

If Kris doesn't make it as big as Adam, it is more likely due to his laidback attitude and nothing due to his musical talent (which he has plenty of). I, however, will definitely be buying Kris's CDs when they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3463837;
    so are you trying to say Adam is not nice? I don't have a problem with Kris winning if he had more talent than Adam, Kris is clearly lacking in stage presence, vocal prowess, and just outright star quality. Those are important things to me as a concertgoer. If I am going to shell out upwards of $80 or more for a concert I want to be entertained and I want to get something out of the experience other than the feeling I paid alot for nothing, Kris.
    Obviously if you have watched other seasons of American Idol you would know the most talented DOES NOT always win. I remember many talented singers with the BEST VOICE simply does not win. It is America's choice. If you agree with the majority's choice then so be it. I personally think Allison should have won. However, you don't see me bashing Kris because Allison was voted out. America listened to her. They obviously did not like her for some reason. Maybe they don't like her voice? Maybe they did not like her red hair? Maybe they did not like her personality? WHO KNOWS? Bottom line is they did not choose her. I can't bash Kris endlessly because America chose a different person!

Quote Originally Posted by walooet;3463702;
    There has been not one thing all season that would cause anyone to think Adam is not a very nice, polite, considerate, caring person, as well.

I hope by "the nice one" you don't mean "the straight one". I would hope perceived sexual orientation would not factor into whether a person is "nice" or not.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-22-2009 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3463837;
    so are you trying to say Adam is not nice?
    Not in the slightest. Should have worded it differently because I was thinking more in general terms than these contestants. Maybe I was thinking of the laid-back, humbleness of Kris.

I listened to a lot of both of their songs last night and I much prefer Kris because Adam's voice is too high for my liking. It doesn't matter to me the 'quality' of the voice. What I care about is what I like!

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3463902;
    I hope by "the nice one" you don't mean "the straight one". I would hope perceived sexual orientation would not factor into whether a person is "nice" or not.
    No!!!!!!!!!!! Their orientation does not matter to me at all. Get frustrated at message boards at times like this where I can't clearly get my point across and may annoy others.

I don't like the guyliner but I don't care who anyone dates. edited to add - I don't like make-up in general

Perhaps I should have said 'clean-cut', 'simple' in a good way (non-complicated) etc. I put them in quotes because I can't think of the right words at this moment.
    Last edited by walooet; 05-22-2009 at 08:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread