+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 80 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Congrats to Kris!

Absolutely loved, loved, loved, loved, loved the pairing of Kris and Keith Urban. Perfection!

Was glad to see that at least one of the finalist got to sing with someone CURRENT in the music scene.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I agree; I don't think I'd ever heard of Keith Urban before last night, but I loved his duet with Kris. Along with the Queen performance (!!!) and Allison's duet with Cyndi Lauper, that was one of my favorite moments from last night. Uptempo, fun-loving Kris is just as awesome as soulful crooner musical genius Kris.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3462679;
    I agree; I don't think I'd ever heard of Keith Urban before last night, but I loved his duet with Kris. Along with the Queen performance (!!!) and Allison's duet with Cyndi Lauper, that was one of my favorite moments from last night. Uptempo, fun-loving Kris is just as awesome as soulful crooner musical genius Kris.
    Keith Urban is one of the best guitar players I have ever seen. He is just incredible live.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by waspylookin;3462204;

I would go back and nominate Man in the Mirror as absolutely THE most clutch performance in AI history.
    My feeling exactly!!!! Didn't he also sing 1st or 2nd that night...a real recipe for going home in the earliest rounds.

Kris in his interview last night on the Idol Extra show:

Yes, for those that have mentioned it & used it against him, Kris said that Adam deserved the title. He also said that Adam was the best performer that had ever been on the show. He & Adam are great friends. Taken in context you can understand why Kris made those comments & how he feels about the whole thing. I suggest everyone find the video clip, it is out there, & watch it. This is truly a thankful & humble individual that is very appreciate of all that has happened for him & is in awe of what lies ahead. Both for himself & for Adam.

Go wow the world Kris, it's out there waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3377768;
    Unfortunately, I think he'll be an early bootee..

I still like that quote from the first page!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3462679;
    I think what shocked me about this was you NEVER heard of Keith Urban, LOL. He is married to Nicole Kidman.

but I loved the duet too, had me smiling all the way thru it!!

I just listened to the official version of the single and it sounds much better. More acoustic guitar and much more Kris. Kris's vocals are great as ever and overall makes it much better sounding cheese.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

The emotional embrace with his wife at the end of the show was priceless! Congrats to Kris.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3462516;

Absolutely loved, loved, loved, loved, loved the pairing of Kris and Keith Urban. Perfection!
    I thought so too and I really dislike country music.

What a fantastic, fantastic finale. I was prepared to fast forward through most of it and was happily surprised to find it one of the best EVAH!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread