+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;3460329;
    I thought Kris was excellent last night. Hopefully, if he wins, he can change the key on the winners song and just sing it simply with his guitar.
    If he's smart, he'll insist on it.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I especially loved Kris last night. "Ain't no sunshine" was brilliant. And IMO "what's going on" was spot on (to my listening ear)! "No boundaries" I genuinely feel was just awful all around but even my DH who is an Adam fan thought this song was far better sung by Kris. I do agree Adam hit the high notes better but other than those few moments, Kris did the better job with this song. I am whole heartedly rooting for Kris to take the AI title but wish the best of luck to whom ever wins.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Newbie

I've been a Kris Allen fan all season and can't wait to see the show tonight. I hope he got enough of Gokey's votes.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

wow. Just wow. I had a huge party at my house tonight and EVERYONE expected Adam Lambert to win. The lambert fans even brought champagne to drink after he won. When Seacrest announced Kris as the winner, I immediately screamed at the top of my lungs and cracked open the champagne and toasted to the BIGGEST upset in Idol history. A+. I'm stillin shock that Kris won, though I feel he is 100% deserving!
    Praise seitan!

Way to go Kris. The dark horse passed the field on the home stretch & man does it feel good.

I am so happy with this outcome. Maybe next season the judges and producers will think twice before from week 1 stating who the winner will be. However, it's more than just that. I strongly feel that Kris is more marketable. They are both very talented and will both do well past AI but I just think Kris is a better winner.

My husband hasn't watched one show of AI this season and he happened to walk past as I was catching up on my recordings yesterday afternoon and was watching the last song. He listened to Adam (made a comment about how he looked silly with the eyeliner and the lobe stretchers) and then he listened to Kris and said that they both could sing and that this must be a good season. However, he preferred the sound of Kris's voice more and this was on the HORRIBLE Kara song. So I rewound and let him listen to "Ain't No Sunshine" and he repeated, he definitely preferred Kris. My husband likes OLD Country and Western where it was all about the vocals and not about the studio sound or too many instruments.

Anyways, I think he is more of an example of why people prefer Kris over Adam. It has nothing to do with some nefarious plot, some Anti-Adam / Anti-AI / backlash. It just comes down to the sound and tone of the singing voice. Screaming may be exciting but it doesn't sell records. Just look at all the current singers who are stripping it down and not over singing anymore.

I wish Adam well and know he will be very successful on Broadway but I'm thrilled that for two seasons in a row the one I wanted to win, won.

Congratulations Kris!
    Ain't Love Grand!

Who is John Galt?

Personally, I liked Kris better too. I think he is more marketable and versatile than Adam. Adam is too edgy for a lot of people. They are both very talented men, but Adam's high voice and screaming style doesn't do it for me. I did, however, like the first song he sang when he kept it mellow. It was a close race, but I am not surprised Kris won. Maybe the judges obvious favoritism toward Adam may have put voters off also (just a thought).

FORT Fanatic

I have wanted Kris to win for about 6 weeks now. Each week he just got better. His music and style is so effortless and he is just so yummy. I would rather listen to him then Adam on any day of the week. Obviously, so would most of the country. That is why he won.

He was so dumfounded, it was cute. People fell in love with his music and his downhome charm. He was the underdog and we all root for the underdog.

WOO-HOO you pulled it off Kris. I have been rooting for you for about 6-7 weeks now. I'm so happy for him. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread