+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 80 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3448650;
    Kris was brilliant on "Heartless" and got screwed by having "Apologize" foisted on him. I hope Kris wins. It would be a victory for first-class musicianship and storytelling in songs.
    --
    Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? And what a great boost for Idol. That story would be on the front page (below the fold, but still...) of most major newspapers. On the other hand, if Adam wins it will be tucked back in the TV section "As expected, Adam Lambert won American Idol last night..."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee;3448644;
    I really think Kris did a fantastic job with Apologize..I also don't think this song is open for interpretation as much as Kara said and as for Paula...what Loud bumb note? I've listened over and over and just don't hear it.
    I was wondering the same thing... I didn't hear any "bad" note, at least not to the point of making it sound like it was really obvious. Maybe it was a comment from the dress rehearsal.... you know, like she did for Jason Castro(?) last year.

My thought is she wants an Adam/Danny finale, so she had to mention something bad.... maybe she just forgot to mention Danny's last note from last week and choose to apply it to Kris last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee;3448644;
    I really think Kris did a fantastic job with Apologize..I also don't think this song is open for interpretation as much as Kara said and as for Paula...what Loud bumb note? I've listened over and over and just don't hear it.

Kris did not have a bum note, even Simon said so, indirectly.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3448650;
    Kris was brilliant on "Heartless" and got screwed by having "Apologize" foisted on him. I hope Kris wins. It would be a victory for first-class musicianship and storytelling in songs.
    --
    Well put. Totally agree!

Kris did really good on Heartless. Apologize, not so much. Kris's first really impressive performance. Why'd he wait so long?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3448994;
    Kris did really good on Heartless. Apologize, not so much. Kris's first really impressive performance. Why'd he wait so long?
    Maybe it was last week's trip under the bus, but he sure didn't leave anyone thinking he lacked confidence at the end of the night last night. That was one powerful performance.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3449000;
    Maybe it was last week's trip under the bus, but he sure didn't leave anyone thinking he lacked confidence at the end of the night last night. That was one powerful performance.
    I know! When Ryan asked him if it was a hard choice for him to choose "Heartless" he simply said "Not Really." I was shocked. He seemed so sure in his decision and I was so happy for him. KRIS FOR THE WIN!!!
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

FORT Fogey

Meredith Vieira on the Today Show just said that she thinks Kris is going to win and that his "Heartless" was the best performance she's ever seen in American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3448994;
    Kris's first really impressive performance. Why'd he wait so long?
    Save the best for last?
    Just in time I guess.

I'm really happy that he made it to the finale. He has been the dark horse all season. I'm hoping he can pull off an upset
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread