+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3441702;
    Don't mean to double post, but there were many evident signs yesterday that had variations of " We all eat ice for lunch & love it." Simon & his idiocy isn't going over to well in these parts.
    I never trust Simon for a moment. You never know whether he is critizing someone like Kris because he believes it, or he has some reverse-vote manipulation (or "influence" as he calls it) going on. Ultimately, I can't believe Simon really cares whether Allison or Kris ended up in the Top 3. I do think he still wants to see an Adam/Danny finale. As I said before, it would be kind of nice if a folk-ish singer like Kris upset the cart. Simon tends to prefer the louder, less complicated pop singers.

In a related matter, I noticed that Kris seemed to be Jamie Foxx's favorite Idol contestant. Foxx seemed to be blown away by Kris's musicianship and artistry. I guess Foxx oughta know.

--
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3441754;
    I never trust Simon for a moment. You never know whether he is critizing someone like Kris because he believes it, or he has some reverse-vote manipulation (or "influence" as he calls it) going on. Ultimately, I can't believe Simon really cares whether Allison or Kris ended up in the Top 3. I do think he still wants to see an Adam/Danny finale. As I said before, it would be kind of nice if a folk-ish singer like Kris upset the cart. Simon tends to prefer the louder, less complicated pop singers.

In a related matter, I noticed that Kris seemed to be Jamie Foxx's favorite Idol contestant. Foxx seemed to be blown away by Kris's musicianship and artistry. I guess Foxx oughta know.

--
    I love that you brought this up.

Even tho I'm more suited to Kris' voice and the types of songs he sings, I really like Adam too. Grew up in the 80's and loved the music but I fell more in love with Adam's ballads. ( this is my wish for the top 2). Good luck to the both of them.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3441747;
    I've barely participated lately. I was a Danny fan to start, and a Kris fan to finish. I love this guy!

I'm still glad that Danny has done well. And Adam - well Adam - has (un)fortunately grown on me too.

I REALLY want Adam and Kris in the finale.

If it were an Adam vs. Kris finale then Kris would absolutely have no chance of winning...like at all. As much as I loathe Adam, his fan base is much larger than Kris'. I'd rather see an Adam vs. Danny finale because Danny actually has a shot at winning this whole competition just as much as Adam does. I still wish Kris the best though. Hopefully he'll have at the very least a decent performance Tuesday. He's been slipping the last few weeks for me.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3443610;
    If it were an Adam vs. Kris finale then Kris would absolutely have no chance of winning...like at all. As much as I loathe Adam, his fan base is much larger than Kris'. I'd rather see an Adam vs. Danny finale because Danny actually has a shot at winning this whole competition just as much as Adam does. I still wish Kris the best though. Hopefully he'll have at the very least a decent performance Tuesday. He's been slipping the last few weeks for me.
    I am on a completely opposite side. I think that Kris has a huge & growing fan base & I firmly believe he has a very real shot at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3441754;

--
    That's the impression I had too: that Kris was Jaime Foxx's favorite. He seemed blown away by Kris's talent. IMO he was impressed with all of them but liked Kris the best.

Kris is my favorite contestant this year. I will be voting for him to win. I would love it if he upset Danny to get into the finale. I think it would be an uphill battle against Adam, but while I can appreciate that Adam is talented his singing does nothing for me. I think it's too theatrical and rarely can I make it all the way through one of his performances. Kris's on the other hand I find myself singing the songs after the show is over. Kris's level of over-all talent has impressed me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3443610;
    I respectfully disagree with the bolded part. "On what planet?" is the comment that comes to mind.

But, since this is the Kris thread, I'd like to say that people might be underestimating Kris' fan base. I think it's huge...and growing. I think that Kris is an amazing musician in his own right, and has even covered up for Danny's flubbed lines on Renegade (read my comments or TopCatDC's post on the Danny thread). This guy is a natural. I'd love to see him up against Adam because I think they're both so amazing, in very different ways.

Given that Danny is the only contestant who has never been in the bottom 3, I would say yeah, he probably is the only contestant who could beat Adam. I'd still like to see a Kris "upset" win.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I actually think Kris would have a better chance of beating Adam in the finale than Danny. There seems to be a lot more aversion to Danny than to Kris. So I would think that more Danny fans would vote for Kris in the finale than Kris fans would vote for Danny. More of Kris' fans would probably vote for Adam than Danny's fans would. JMHO.

+ Reply to Thread