+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3441014;
    I just listened to the song "Apologize" for the first time on Youtube. It doesn't seem to be a very interesting song. What do other folks think?
    Archie did it last year with One Republic on the Finale Results show (and he often does it in concert). I bet Kris makes it very different. Lyrically I think it's particularly good for him. One Republic didn't hit the lyric very hard, but I bet Kris peels it down to basics.

FORT Fogey

Go to Kris Allen Nation for videos of his appearances today in Little Rock and Conway.

FORT Newbie

This is the link to the local Fox station where they have update video clips every hour. On the right hand side, under the box, click on a picture for the video clip. To see more clips, click on the arrows.

Kris Comes Home - FOX16.com

I was just reading early posts on Kris, interesting as people thought he would be an early bootee! Top three! Yay! I keep remembering how Elliot surprised me and endeared himself to me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I just watched some of the concerts Kris gave today in AK. Man, he was singing all day! (You can see them on YouTube - search for Kris-Allen Homecoming. )

Kris just did today something that none of the others could do - he played all his Idol songs for the crowd by himself on his guitar, and it sounded great:
    • She Works Hard for the Money
    • Falling Slowly
    • Come Together
    • Ain't No Sunshine

It made me appreciate something about him. All his Idol performances are anchored in who he is as a person and as a musician. That's how he can give the same thrill whether he's backed by Ricky Minor's Idol band, or just by himself.

His performances may not scale to the heights of Adam's high wire routines. But it means that his stamp is on them; he owns them - and can reproduce them at will because they all come from him.

FORT Fogey

Kris said in a radio interview this morning that he never expected the "hundreds of people" that showed up to greet him at the local television station last night, saying "It was nuts!"

I bet he was REALLY shocked and overwhelmed today by the 15,000 that showed up to hear him at the Little Rock amphitheater and the 20,000+ there to see and hear him in Conway!

Glad to hear Kris is getting his due. He's not my kind of singer, but he seems like and absolutely terrific guy. Talented and humble. Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3441495;
    I just watched some of the concerts Kris gave today in AK. Man, he was singing all day! (You can see them on YouTube - search for Kris-Allen Homecoming. )

Kris just did today something that none of the others could do - he played all his Idol songs for the crowd by himself on his guitar, and it sounded great:
    • She Works Hard for the Money
    • Falling Slowly
    • Come Together
    • Ain't No Sunshine

It made me appreciate something about him. All his Idol performances are anchored in who he is as a person and as a musician. That's how he can give the same thrill whether he's backed by Ricky Minor's Idol band, or just by himself.

His performances may not scale to the heights of Adam's high wire routines. But it means that his stamp is on them; he owns them - and can reproduce them at will because they all come from him.
    I don't mean to nitpick, but AK = Alaska...AR = Arkansas.

Some of Kris performances yesterday truly showed just how talented this kid is. He is definitely a throwback kind of singer/songwriter/musician. Very good & probably very underrated, at least as far as this show goes, on the guitar.

Don't mean to double post, but there were many evident signs yesterday that had variations of " We all eat ice for lunch & love it." Simon & his idiocy isn't going over to well in these parts.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I've barely participated lately. I was a Danny fan to start, and a Kris fan to finish. I love this guy!

+ Reply to Thread