+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

I've been voting like mad for Kris, from 3 phones at once, for weeks now. I was absolutely ecstatic he was safe. I started out the 1st week or 2 a Matt and Meghan fan but love how Kris has grown himself and on me! I don't mind Adam when he sings the ballads but the rest, IMO, just isn't radio material and gets old really fast. I don't see Adam's style relating to all types of people and I think he'd be a 1 hit wonder.

Kris is the one that does it for me! He is definitely the artist they keep saying an Idol should be.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3439522;
    I absolutely agree!!! I live on the West Coast so I always go online to get check who gets kicked off beforehand. But this time i was a chicken and had my daughter do it and she texted me and told me he was the first one safe. I thought she was totally lying but NO!!!!

Yay Kris
    I was tempted to go online and look too but didn't, live in CA. Did that for season 5 when Taylor won, couldn't take the suspense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3439467;
    Here is the official schedule...unless it changes.

FRIDAY
    5:30pm - Kris Allen performs live at Simon Park in Conway
    "Simon" park? [snicker]

Go to the link & watch Kris' homecoming video at the top right of the screen. This fangirlie reporter gets all bumfuzzled. Funny stuff.

Kris Comes Home - FOX16.com

Make sure to stick with this series of videos. Kris does an acoustic Come Together during the last one, it is wonderful. And it shows just how good he is on the guitar.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 05-08-2009 at 09:01 AM.

FORT Newbie

Saw it on another board and thought I'd come over here to share, the Judge's pick for Kris to perform next week is Apologize by One Republic. I think it's going to be incredible!

Kris has been brilliant bringing the folk-rock genre to AI. I look forward to his performances next week. It would be a wonderful upset if Kris got to the Top 2 or won. I think AI needs an "upset" to freshen the routine a bit. I like Adam and Danny too, but they, ironically, are the conventional choices because their genres are conventional (rock for Adam and pop for Danny). No one famous is singing folk-rock today. But the genre is alive and well in local towns and on local stages.
    =
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-08-2009 at 02:21 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

The Fox Affiliate out of Little Rock is doing hourly updates on Kris's day. They have just reported that the judges have chosen Apologize by One Republic for Kris to sing. Should be a good un. The link I provided above will let you watch these updates. The noon update is Kris performing live in Little Rock, the 11am had the song announcement.

Kris is from Conway, isn't he? And that's fairly close to LR, IIRC, like maybe half an hour east on 40?

So why has the memphis Fox affiliate been claiming him as one of our own since the finals started? And even more so now that Lil is gone?

FORT Fogey

He's gotta be beat. He arrived last night and went straight to the Fox affiliate for an interview. He got three hours of sleep and then was up this morning doing I think four back to back radio interviews in Little Rock. Kris did a concert and the mayor declared it "Kris Allen Day" in LR. Bill Clinton came out to meet him. Kris has now finished the celebration in Little Rock, and he's on his way to UCA in Conway, where I bet most businesses have shut down. More festivities to follow.

I didn't realize until I heard his interview this morning that he auditioned for the show in July, was married in September, and then went off for Hollywood week in October!
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 05-08-2009 at 03:40 PM.

I just listened to the song "Apologize" for the first time on Youtube. It doesn't seem to be a very interesting song. What do other folks think?
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread