+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Many people here in Arkansas have apparantely already contacted AT&T in protest. Their votes were being directed to a nonworking number & a whole bunch of them went to another compamny all together. I hope the rest of the nation had better luck & kept Kris in.

I like both Kris and Danny. I think Simon has being trying to get Kris booted off for weeks. Kris certainly had a bad song choice last night, but he didn't fail with it, it was just a boring performance by a non-rocker trying to do a rock song. It was nothing like the disaster Simon described. After the duet, Danny looked absolutely chagrined for Kris after Simon said Danny was "better." Danny quickly wrapped his arm around Kris. These accusations about Danny being "smug" are nonsense and insulting to him.

I think it was particularly cruel of Simon to diss Kris before his solo performance. It was unfair and made it harder for Kris to perform.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fanatic

I have no favorite this season but I have to say I really liked Kris's performance of "Come Together" last night. My husband and I both really liked it. I thought it was a good choice for him considering rock isn't really his thing.

It didn't come together, it fell apart.
    Bad choice of song, by a mile.
    And it's not a bad song.
    It needs the right delivery (that Kriss didn't provide),
    or it doesn't work at all.

I personally thought Kris did good. Loved his voice with the song he chose. Talk about fall apart...I thought Danny wrapped that up all by himself.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3437551;
    Many people here in Arkansas have apparantely already contacted AT&T in protest. Their votes were being directed to a nonworking number & a whole bunch of them went to another compamny all together. I hope the rest of the nation had better luck & kept Kris in.
    I had no problem getting in my votes from texas.... but for me alot of votes is like 30...

I also felt that Kris did a wonderful job last night on Come Together. I did not find it boring or bland at all. It is the only one I will download from last night, in fact.
    I guess people who prefer screaming, screeching, and hitting high notes off key might have found Kris' performance boring...

Kris took the horrible comments from the judges like a man. He is very mature and humble. Allison and Danny both "talked back" to the judges after their negative comments...tells a lot about a person's character, IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3437497;
    You are right about them throwing 2 under the bus. I always say sometimes Simon uses reverse psychology to get the results he wants. Do you truly think American preferred Adam last night over Kris - I don't think so. He was screeching and screaming....meanwhile Kris is undeniably charming...if he goes ...I don't care who wins.
    I did think Adam was better than Kris but Kris was definitely better than Danny

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3437555;
    I like both Kris and Danny. I think Simon has being trying to get Kris booted off for weeks. Kris certainly had a bad song choice last night, but he didn't fail with it, it was just a boring performance by a non-rocker trying to do a rock song. It was nothing like the disaster Simon described. After the duet, Danny looked absolutely chagrined for Kris after Simon said Danny was "better." Danny quickly wrapped his arm around Kris. These accusations about Danny being "smug" are nonsense and insulting to him.

I think it was particularly cruel of Simon to diss Kris before his solo performance. It was unfair and made it harder for Kris to perform.
    --
    Yes, Simon's been trying to get rid of Kris for weeks now, it is so obvious. He doesn't even want Kris to be in the finale, runner up or winner.

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=diluvlabs;3437902;]I also felt that Kris did a wonderful job last night on Come Together. I did not find it boring or bland at all. It is the only one I will download from last night, in fact.
    I guess people who prefer screaming, screeching, and hitting high notes off key might have found Kris' performance boring...

I downloaded it too and love his version. That along with some of his songs from his pre-Idol album Brand New Shoes show that, in my opinion, that Kris can indeed rock.

+ Reply to Thread