+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

I think Kris did a great job last night, but unfortunately, the swing-type musical arrangement did not match the pacing of his singing. It was a disjointed performance because of it.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

As I said in another thread, I think Simon sees the writing on the voters wall, Kris is overtaking his preferred darling Gokey & Simon is going to do anything possible to reverse that trend. It wasn't one of Kris' better performances, but it was a night where it was predicted he would stumble & yet, he still came up with something nice & unique. That is the story of Kris. Do the unexpected & do it well.

FORT Fogey

Jamie Foxx on Ryan's radio show this morning:

“That Kris Allen cat is going to have a significant, significant career.”

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3428935;
    As I said in another thread, I think Simon sees the writing on the voters wall, Kris is overtaking his preferred darling Gokey & Simon is going to do anything possible to reverse that trend. It wasn't one of Kris' better performances, but it was a night where it was predicted he would stumble & yet, he still came up with something nice & unique. That is the story of Kris. Do the unexpected & do it well.

I once again agree with you Razorback... although I like Danny too. However, my votes have all gone Kris' way the past two weeks. I think AI counted Kris out at the top 36 and they can't believe he is still there. He was such a nice surprise once we got to the top 12 and I love his attitude and demeanor. I think Jamie Foxs' comments to him last night were the best he gave to any contestant... its not always about the "best" vocals (Adam wins), but the best artist...

I wasn't sure how much I was going to like Kris last night, the song is associated with a relationship of mine that didn't end well so inwardly I was ready to cringe by association. However, I think he was brilliant and it was very close to being my favorite Kris performance.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Harmony2000;3428746I think he is truly the dark horse and it's freaking the AI PTB out that he is upsetting their pre-chosen little wagon of an Adam/Danny finale and that truly makes me happy. Anything that can upset their manipulations? I'm 100% behind![/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head! I think TPTB are freaking too! This humble guy that snuck into the top 12 after being TOTALLY ignored (literally, not even 5 seconds of air time prior to top 36) by the producers (or whomever) has caught them by surprise, and they're just not quite sure how to deal with him. Well, when you see and hear what "outsiders" have been saying (USA Today, Entertainment Weekly, Jamie Foxx, and others), you realize that he has an amazing following and is getting great press, in spite of AI's efforts to downplay him. I've always loved an underdog, especially a deserving one, and this is no exception! GO KRIS!!! Let's make this finale one to remember!

FORT Newbie

I've always loved an underdog, especially a deserving one, and this is no exception! GO KRIS!!! Let's make this finale one to remember![/QUOTE]

Right on sister

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3429123;
    Jamie Foxx on Ryan's radio show this morning:
    I would have liked to have heard to that radio interview with Jamie. I enjoyed Jamie's appearance last night and I am glad he thinks Kris "Cat" is going to have a significant career. Kris has totally surprised me and has turned out to the dark horse for me. He did the Rat Pack proud last night!

I love the tone of Kris's voice. It's like Jason Mraz but with a bit more soul. I think in year's past, he would have been a shoo-in to win this competition. This year might be different.

I still think he has the most "radio ready" voice of all the contestants.

FORT Fogey

MTV has a good story this morning: Kris Allen's Hometown Abuzz Over His 'Idol' Run

"I think he definitely has a shot at winning it," the town's mayor, Tab Townsell, said on Tuesday afternoon, hours before he gathered with the city council to beam in a message to the nearly 2,000 faithful gathered in the Farris Center on the campus of Allen's alma mater, the University of Central Arkansas, to cheer Allen on.
    I bet AT&T has sold a lot of Unlimited Text Messaging plans in Conway! Also, some local fans do the Kris Allen Nation blog and podcast.

+ Reply to Thread