+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3426920;
    They never or barely showed Kris during Hollywood week and during the final 36. Third? I think Kris has surpassed Danny and is right on Adam's heels.
    I would agree.

I love me some Adam but Kris was a wonderful suprise!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Danny Who?
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I hope Kris' fans don't get complacent tonight. Vote vote vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3425777;

Adam is somewhat of an exception, I think. He could do very well as simply a performer but it would have to be with the greatest glam rock band ever. Otherwise, it's back to Broadway.

There are worse things that can happen, though, so he'll be fine either way.

I think all the remaining contestants have niches they could fill very well.
    Just read Taylor Hicks is touring with the Broadway production of Grease. Guess he didn't do so well with a record deal? Just follows Fantasia in Color Purple and Clay Aikens to Broadway. Not where I expected him to show up. Maybe that is where some of the ones this year see themselves fitting in?

FORT Fanatic

I think Kris is a doll and has more fans then one would think. This whole Adam love festival is getting on my nerves. He is a bit too theatrical to me - oh why - yes he has theatre experience! Kris is so unassuming and just plain talented - I would love it if he pulled off a win. I do think it could be possible.
    Danny - I just don't see him making records. Kris/Allison - yes.

I like Kris a lot, but I wasnt totally amazed with his performance last night. I know you can't compare him with other singers styles, but when I listen to him I just don't hear the strength (experience that comes from a lot of years of singing) as one or two others there. I like Kris's simplicity, but he doesn't do anything fantastic for me.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I really liked him last night. He has yet to disappoint me.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3427587;
    Just read Taylor Hicks is touring with the Broadway production of Grease. Guess he didn't do so well with a record deal? Just follows Fantasia in Color Purple and Clay Aikens to Broadway. Not where I expected him to show up. Maybe that is where some of the ones this year see themselves fitting in?

So being on Broadway is a bad thing??? Selling records is the ONLY good thing??

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3428489;
    I think Kris is a doll and has more fans then one would think. This whole Adam love festival is getting on my nerves. He is a bit too theatrical to me - oh why - yes he has theatre experience! Kris is so unassuming and just plain talented - I would love it if he pulled off a win. I do think it could be possible.
    Danny - I just don't see him making records. Kris/Allison - yes.
    I agree with everything you said!

I've said many times that I do not like any of the contestants this season. They let ones go back in Hollywood (Felicia, Jesse, etc) that would have done so much better.

However, Kris is the only one that I'd like to see win. Partly because of his personality and partly because I think with some studio tweaking he could produce an album in the adult indy/contemporary rock market that I prefer. He (and his adorable wife) are just so sweet that it makes me want to hug them and take them home as pets or something every time I see them, lol.

I think he is truly the dark horse and it's freaking the AI PTB out that he is upsetting their pre-chosen little wagon of an Adam/Danny finale and that truly makes me happy. Anything that can upset their manipulations? I'm 100% behind!

+ Reply to Thread