+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3423941;
    I said a long time ago that Kris would be the dark horse in the competition. Not my favorite, but he's a decent singer and seems to be talented. He's gotten a pretty good edit from the producers, and he hasn't been crammed down anyones throat. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the finals.
    I personally think Kris is a total yawnfest, but I get why people like him, and I do think he is one of the more marketable performers.

I actually think he has a shot of winning and of having more post-Idol success than the others - including Adam.

If you look back at some of the more successful idols, Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry, David Cook, etc. is that they are all songwriters in the same whay Kris is.

The ones who simply "perform" rather than write are the ones that seem to struggle. The public doesn't seem to connect with them as well (generally speaking of course).

Adam is somewhat of an exception, I think. He could do very well as simply a performer but it would have to be with the greatest glam rock band ever. Otherwise, it's back to Broadway.

There are worse things that can happen, though, so he'll be fine either way.

I think all the remaining contestants have niches they could fill very well.

Kris has more Google searches and higher itunes downloads (2nd every week but one and I'm sure you can guess which one - hint he was in the audience when he sang it and he came 4th that week after Allison then Danny) than Danny.

The only place I see Kris taking 3rd place is at the judges table. Everywhere else I'm seeing a lot more love for Kris than for Danny.

I'm hoping that Danny will leave this week and Matt next. I think they will be the next two to leave.

Kim
    Last edited by CdnINXSFan; 04-27-2009 at 04:02 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan;3425827;
    The only place I see Kris taking 3rd place is at the judges table.
    So true!

Think about it - who can you imagine doing a set on Saturday Night Live: Danny Gokey or Kris Allen?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3425830;
    So true!

Think about it - who can you imagine doing a set on Saturday Night Live: Danny Gokey or Kris Allen?
    Kris by a mile! Sorry, he is the most talented and charismatic of the top 5 and I hope that he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3425830;
    So true!

Well personally I don't even want to think of Danny being on the show,that would make me tune out. I think Kris would do a great job.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

From a TV Guide interview with Simon Cowell out this morning:

Who has surprised you the most this season?
    Kris. Better than I thought. Adam, we knew he was great and Danny, we knew he was great. But seven weeks ago, nobody would have predicted the possibility that the third place is Kris. He’s just quietly got on with the job. He didn’t get the praise he should have gotten last week because of the cockup with the timing. I would have really, really given him a confidence boost.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Ah, Simon. A little late again with the faint praise. Too bad you didn't have the time to give it during Kris' performance. *sigh* Poppycock, I say! You were trying to maneuver votes another way and it didn't work.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3426879;
    Ah, Simon. A little late again with the faint praise. Too bad you didn't have the time to give it during Kris' performance. *sigh* Poppycock, I say! You were trying to maneuver votes another way and it didn't work.
    In defense of Simon, I think what he was referring to was during Movie Week when each contestant was reviewed by only 2 judges. Kris got Randy and Kara. Randy pretty much slammed Kris. The next day, Simon said he thought it was "brilliant" (which he seems to be using more often recently).

As a side note, I had never heard that song Kris did before, and at the time, I didn't think that much of it. But it keeps popping into my head and has really grown on me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3426879;
    Yeah - and what's with the third place assignment? The worst case is that Kris comes in third. Top two is looking pretty likely since Danny does not seem capable of any kind of creativity. And if Adam goes over the top, even winning is not outside the realm of possibility.

Wouldn't that be a great finale - Adam vs. Kris? Adam, the ultimate performer, perfectly costumed and coiffed, with megawatts of energy hitting the rafters. And then Kris, in t-shirt and jeans looking not all that different from the way he rolled out of bed, doing intimate, musically layered, rip-your-heart-out stuff.

I'd pay to see that!
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 04-28-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3426875;
    From a TV Guide interview with Simon Cowell out this morning:

They never or barely showed Kris during Hollywood week and during the final 36. Third? I think Kris has surpassed Danny and is right on Adam's heels.

+ Reply to Thread