+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3423096;
    I love Danny and would like to see Danny and Kris as the F2 but I'm sure there's no way Adam won't be in F2 (I still don't get it ). I really hate to see Danny not in F2 but I'd rather Kris be in F2 with Adam because I think that Kris is the only one who can beat him.

I also agree...and I don't get the big attraction to Adam...but, if anyone can beat him, it will be Kris!!

FORT Fogey

Kris is the only one I wouldn't mind seeing beat Adam. I think Adam is the extraordinary talent, but Kris is such a nice guy and has exceptional gifts as well. I loved his Ain't No Sunshine as well as this week's performance. He could definitely do well as a singer/songwriter.

I think Kris will probably do well post AI because of his singing style and his looks.
    I still think, though, that the final 2 will be Adam vs. Danny. I think Danny's still got a pretty strong fan base.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

So when I was searching for something else, I happened to get a hit on VFTW and found something really interesting. They've got a screenshot there of iTunes downloads for the idols, and Kris is actually #2 in downloads behind Adam, not Danny (as I expected). So who knows, maybe it will be an Adam/Kris final 2!

I said a long time ago that Kris would be the dark horse in the competition. Not my favorite, but he's a decent singer and seems to be talented. He's gotten a pretty good edit from the producers, and he hasn't been crammed down anyones throat. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the finals.

FORT Fogey

Kris has had a very interesting run, hasn't he? I think he impressed people with his looks before he impressed with his voice and talent. He doesn't have the big voice like Lil, Danny, Allision, Anoop, or Adam - so I think (for the producers and judges) he almost got lost in the shuffle during Hollywood week. I mention the producers because we (the audience) don't really have a chance to discover anything during January and February when all we get to see are the edited results that reflect what the producers thought was significant.

We got our first look at him when he did Man in the Mirror - which was good, but his voice was tight, and it was hard to figure out from that one performance what kind of singer he was presenting himself as.

Adam, Danny and Allison just knock you out as soon as they start to sing. Kris is the kind of artist that you can't really "get" in just one performance. You have to see several of his songs to appreciate the range of his musicianship and the depth of his heart and soul which he pours into each arrangement. I'm glad he's had the chance to develop, because I am looking forward to his performances now every week, along with Adam's.

Here's an odd thing that really has more to do with the producers than Kris. Have you noticed how extra attention from the producers ("up close and personal" packages, lots of mention of backstory) have been more of a curse than a blessing for contestants this year? Danny was almost swallowed by the show constantly reminding viewers of his unfortunate circumstances. Alexis, Lil, Scott, Anoop, Michael, Megan - they were all heavily featured before the top 13 finals. Adam was too, but Adam didn't get much backstory treatment; probably because the show thought that maybe the less said about Lambert's' background the better his chances might be.

So after all the pre-season pimping, look who's heading towards the final four: Adam, Kris, Allison, and Danny (forever tagged now with his backstory - winning him both sympathizers and haters).
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 04-25-2009 at 03:54 AM.

Kris has really impressed me, and I can't wait to see him perform each week. This season AI is the Adam & Kris show all the way. I like Allison and would like to see her in the top 3, but for me it's #1 Adam, #2 Kris, and #3 Allison.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3423681;
    I think Kris will probably do well post AI because of his singing style and his looks.
    I still think, though, that the final 2 will be Adam vs. Danny. I think Danny's still got a pretty strong fan base.
    I think Kris is gaining tremendous popularity and Danny is fading.
    Kris and Adam in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3424535;
    I think Kris is gaining tremendous popularity and Danny is fading.
    Kris and Adam in the final.
    ITA. Kris has turned out to be the dark horse in this race. I always thought Matt was, but his performances are inconsistant and he is lucky he is stayed in the competition this long. Danny is not doing anything new and interesting like Kris is. I think it will be Kris and Adam is the F2 -- with their totally different performance styles, there is plenty room at the top for both of them to make it in the business!

Kris' studio version of She Works Hard For The Money is orchestrated and, to me, not nearly as powerful as the stage version with guitar and drums. I purchased the recording and the video so I could experience both.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread