+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3409157;
    When Kris said that he wanted to be a Taxi Driver, did anyone else picture him with his head shaved into a mohawk and splattered with blood? Or is that just me?
    Too funny.
    Kris strikes me as a sweet guy, but I don't think that DeNiro or Scorcese would be in his film favorites category.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan;3409109;
    I bet most singers can try a song for a while and then figure out that it isn't working for them. On AI, they have to pick, learn and perform the song in 1 week so if they make a mistake they don't have much time for a 'do-over' to change their mind and pick something else.

Kim
    If I were going to try out for this show, I would prepare myself in every possible way that I could.

See you're a Marty fan. He did really well on Rock Star INXS. I went and saw INXS w/JD and Marty opened. Kick-Ass show.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Would like to see Kris sing IRIS by the Goo Goo Dolls (City of Angels).

It's seems more like a song Adam would pick . . . but I want to be able to say I still like that song when the show is over.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'd really like to see Kris sing "Tiny Dancer". It's very well suited to his voice.

Tiny Dancer is great suggestion for him.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;3409097;
    LOL>>> that is a funny quote about the "mosh pit"

I really did wonder why he allowed himself to be so surrounded and almost overshadowed by the audience?? it was weird

I am not sure that all of the "idols" are at the level where they can sing, dance, walk and shake hands at the same time...I think they need to focus on their performance

Kris really does have talent...but this did NOT show it off
    I agree, he really isn't there yet. It's hard enough for Ryan to be in the crowd, and he's been in these venues for years.
    Kris is mediocre at best and I think he is trying to do more than his capabilities.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3409953;
    I'd really like to see Kris sing Tiny Dancer...
    Ahh! One of my all-time favorite movie scenes: Almost Famous. Everybody on the tour is depressed and mad at each other until Tiny Dancer comes on the radio and then one by one they start singing until the whole bus is belting out the song as they go down the road!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3409982;
    Ahh! One of my all-time favorite movie scenes: Almost Famous. Everybody on the tour is depressed and mad at each other until Tiny Dancer comes on the radio and then one by one they start singing until the whole bus is belting out the song as they go down the road!

I L.O.V.E. that movie. It does seem like it would really suit Kris's voice. I think he could do a good jb with "In Your Eyes" from Say Anything also.

FORT Fogey

SO many great choices would suit Kris - hope he picks a good one and not something in the same vein as "All She Wants To Do Is Dance." Needs to get back up on stage and do a number that shows off his vocals.

I loved Kris tonight. His performance inspired me to vote for the first time this season.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread