+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

FORT Fogey

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Saw this quote in today's Washington Post:

Kris ... sings Don Henley tune "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" while playing guitar, standing waist deep in fraudience in the "American Idol" Faux Mosh Pit. Absurdly, Simon calls this modest little guy's performance "indulgent." If that's indulgent, Adam Lambert must be The Sun King.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3407855;
    Saw this quote in today's Washington Post:
    That is so true
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Last week I saw potential in Kris for the first time. Last nights performance TOTALLY REEKED

I have a really hard time understanding why contestants have such a hard time choosing a song that is right for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooled Again;3407922;
    Last week I saw potential in Kris for the first time. Last nights performance TOTALLY REEKED

I have a really hard time understanding why contestants have such a hard time choosing a song that is right for them.
    It's all a matter of opinion. I have to presume that all of them feel as though the song IS right for them. Others, such as the judges, have a differing opinion. But, if an artist wants to show what type of music they want to make, then they choose songs to show that. I found no problem & have never found any problem with any of the songs that any contestant has chosen. How they perform it is another issue.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I have a favorite example of poor song choice by somebody who should know better. As we all know, Celine Dion is an extremely successful artist. I don't particularly care for her style, but she is considered to be highly talented and savvy. I caught some of one of her concerts that was being shown on TV once. She sang AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long." Now, I'm not much of an AC/DC fan either, but her rendition was horrible! Maybe even laughable. Celine may make great "song choices," but not always!

FORT Fogey

See last week's article on the What Not to Sing website: Eight Simple Rules for making good song choices on American Idol

FORT Fan

LOL>>> that is a funny quote about the "mosh pit"

I really did wonder why he allowed himself to be so surrounded and almost overshadowed by the audience?? it was weird

I am not sure that all of the "idols" are at the level where they can sing, dance, walk and shake hands at the same time...I think they need to focus on their performance

Kris really does have talent...but this did NOT show it off

I bet most singers can try a song for a while and then figure out that it isn't working for them. On AI, they have to pick, learn and perform the song in 1 week so if they make a mistake they don't have much time for a 'do-over' to change their mind and pick something else.

Kim

FORT Fogey

When Kris said that he wanted to be a Taxi Driver, did anyone else picture him with his head shaved into a mohawk and splattered with blood? Or is that just me?

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I almost spit my tea onto the screen when I read that.

I didn't have that mental picture, but it did remind me of my own daughter who wanted to be either a pediatric nurse or an ice cream truck driver.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

+ Reply to Thread