+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Last night's performance was one of his worst..and I was a fan of his. I really thought this guy was sounding better and better each week. Last night just didnt do it. I thought the music accompaniment drowned his voice out totally.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Every week I await to see Kris does it for me, like so many folks here on this board- and every week he misses the mark. I don't get the allure.
    I cant see a top 40 artist in Kris with any genre, based upon last night.

What the h**l was that song choice??? What in the world possessed him to choose that song? I've started to like him and I think he's a good singer but I'm afraid he's gone after that song choice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;3407219;
    What the h**l was that song choice??? What in the world possessed him to choose that song? I've started to like him and I think he's a good singer but I'm afraid he's gone after that song choice.
    I agree. The misfire started with the choice of a song that, as Paula pointed out, has a range of about five notes combined with a nonsensically repetitive lyric. There were so many other choices! Careless Whisper? Everybody Wants To Rule The World? Or my original suggestion, I'm On Fire by Springsteen. (That would have given him an opportunity to use his "sexy face".)

The disappointment continued with the arrangement which, as Randy pointed out, buried his vocal. The irony is, the vocal was good. I liked how he changed up the melody and his singing was great to listen to. But it just was going too many different directions.

I hope the judges save him tonight because I think he's proven his potential.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

That was probably Kris' worst performance to date. I found myself struggling to keep listening. I really wanted to be doing something else . . . . . anything else.

Predict Kris to be in the bottom three, along with Lil and Scott. Hoping the judges will use the save for him if needed.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Kris sang well but made a mistake with song choice and musical arrangement and an even bigger mistake in performing offstage with distracting fans crowding him, pulling the focus away from himself. He seemed lost in the crowd, just like Matt did last week offstage. Successful performers would never perform with strangers crowding them--the stars are too smart and too egocentric for that.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-08-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Kris' performance was so bad & forgetful; that I actually CAN'T remember what he sang!

I think Kris was in trouble the minute someone thought it'd be a good idea for him to be surrounded by the mosh pit croonies. The arrangement was terrible too, but I could have overlooked that if he'd just been behind the piano/keyboard onstage. And I agree, amna, he was forgettable...I had forgotten about him when the show was over, which is never a good thing.
    Forever a Word Nerd

FORT Fanatic

Well I hope Kris makes it thru tonight. I didn't like the song (not even when Henley sang it), but I liked
    the jazzed arrangement.... it just didn't do well for him to be singing it as it was really a "band" thing.

And I agree with others... I hate it when they stand on that small stage with "fans" around them, no one
    does well like that.

But even with this performance, I'd rather see Scott, Anoop, or even Lil go home....

I like Kris, but I don't think that was a good performance at all. It was very forgettable.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread