+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Allen - Season 8

sdl

Re: Kris Allen - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3402943;
    I'm wanting to like him more, but I'm still not feeling it. I thought his performance this week was good, but it just didn't blow me away. I do think he should survive longer than some of the others, though.
    That's cool, not everyone has to like the same people.......except that anyone who liked Megan is insane. Just kidding!!
    I do think it's interesting that a lot of folks are now talking about Kris rather than Danny (vs. Adam) in the final. Never thought I'd see it but I'll be happy if he makes it.

I'm liking this guy more as the competition goes on. He's become a little less forgettable than he was in the beginning. His voice doesn't knock me down or anything, but its pleasant and he's usually pretty solid in his performances. He might surprise me and actually be around for awhile.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fan

loving Kris. He's just so good every week. i'm 56 and would buy his cd! (and Danny's)

Quote Originally Posted by awho?;3402990;
    loving Kris. He's just so good every week. i'm 56 and would buy his cd! (and Danny's)
    Those would be the two I would buy as well. Maybe Allison, if it were very well produced.

I'd buy Kris' and Adam's CDs. I've already downloaded their music.

I think he's emerging as a very talented singer.
    I didn't like How Sweet It Is because I've never liked that song, no matter who performs it.
    I don't count that as a mark against him, that's my issue not his
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I am going against the grain where Kris is concerned. I think he is a very average singer with nothing new to offer the musical world. He's sweet and cute 'n all, but I find him about as bland and bland can be. Scott MacIntyre, and as much as I hate to say it, Anoop, are about the same for me. All 3 could go home at this point and I wouldn't miss them.

Adam, Matt, Danny, and Allison are still interesting to me. Lil is on verge of being boring but I don't think we've seen her best yet and I'd like to see it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3405759;
    I am going against the grain where Kris is concerned. I think he is a very average singer with nothing new to offer the musical world. He's sweet and cute 'n all, but I find him about as bland and bland can be. Scott MacIntyre, and as much as I hate to say it, Anoop, are about the same for me. All 3 could go home at this point and I wouldn't miss them....
    I can see where you are coming from as far as vocals. I'll tell you, though, what has set Kris apart for me (especially last week) is his incredible musical taste in arranging his songs. Kris really knows where less is more.

It's particularly interesting to hear the iTunes studio version (recorded the day before the show) and compare it to what he did on stage. The arrangement with him at the piano, the band, and the strings is essentially the same - except Kris artfully pared it down for performance. He removed the band and strings from the opening verse, so it started just with him at the piano. Then, with a flourish on the second verse, everybody comes in. In the middle "I know, I know..." section, he took everything out, except for a couple of powerful, rhythmic chord accents. Then, for the final chorus, he leaves the band out and just finishes with the piano and the string quartet. He took a familiar song and built a soft, plaintive beginning - a powerful middle - and a languid, tender ending.

For me that breaks him away from his peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3405759;
    I am going against the grain where Kris is concerned. I think he is a very average singer with nothing new to offer the musical world. He's sweet and cute 'n all, but I find him about as bland and bland can be. Scott MacIntyre, and as much as I hate to say it, Anoop, are about the same for me. All 3 could go home at this point and I wouldn't miss them.

Adam, Matt, Danny, and Allison are still interesting to me. Lil is on verge of being boring but I don't think we've seen her best yet and I'd like to see it.
    From most everything I have been reading n the many Idol related sites, you are rapidly falling behind the Kris curve. I just don't get the bland thing. Just don't see it at all. To each his own I reckon.

It's all right for Kris to do Kris, as he has done the past two weeks, until he begins to close in on some of the faves & then it's not all right for Kris to to Kris.

+ Reply to Thread